Microsoft‘s Windows 10 is the last major update for the operating system, and then would be only the service upgrades in the future. The company has released the Windows 10 update in 190 countries around the world, if you have reserved for the upgrade and did not get the Windows 10 update yet then you do not need to sit and wait for it anymore. Here are steps with which you can manually get the update.
If you are a user of Windows 7 and Windows 8 or 8.1 then you will be eligible to receive the upgrade and if you are yet to see the update here is a way to manually initiate the update process and download the Windows 10 file.
Enable Automatic Updates:
Open Settings by moving the mouse to the lower right corner of the screen in Windows 8 users, from the pop out box tap on Settings. From the options click on Change PC settings and then you have to tap on Update and Recovery
- From the list of options you have to click on Choose how updates get installed
- Here you will find an option of Important Updates, click on it to open
- You will find recommended updates option under which you have to select the check box for Give me recommended updates the same way I receive important updates.
- Here under Microsoft Up Date you have to select the check box for Give me updates for other Microsoft products when I update Windows.
You have completed the steps to make sure that Windows does not block the Windows 10 update which we will be triggering manually. Follow the below given steps to know how to manually initiate or trigger Windows 10 update.
Initiate Windows 10 update by Starting Command prompt as an Administrator:
- Click Start and then go to All Programs -> go to Accessories
- From the list Right click on Command Prompt and then click Run as administrator.
- You will be seeing the User Account Control dialogue box, it will ask you if you want to confirm the action you are performing -> click on Confirm -> click on Continue.
You have finished the process and you have to now wait for the update to pop up and can start the installation process, make sure that you have enough space on your Laptop or PC and also a stable internet connection.
If you want to install Windows 10 by downloading ISO file then here is the tutorial for that – Download and Install Windows 10 with ISO file.