Gionee Pioneer P2M is a budget smartphone with the main selling point being its battery capacity of 3000 mAh, which is quite high for that price point. But if the screen resolution is ignored, everything is pretty decent and the company is competing with other smartphones in this price for the great battery life of the phone.
The Pioneer P2M has a 4-inch WVGA display, and the processor included in it is Mediatek MT6580M, along with 1GB of RAM. The phone is running quite smoothly for the few days we used it regularly, and the connectivity possible on data network is 3G connectivity.
Below are the various benchmark scores we got for the tests done, and as always, these tests are not the only way to determine performance of the phone but they at least indicate whether the internal hardware is able to do what it is supposed to.
- Gionee Pioneer P2M AnTuTu Benchmark Score: 20771
- Gionee Pioneer P2M Quadrant Standard Benchmark Score: 9192
- Gionee Pioneer P2M Geekbench 3 Single Core Score: 358
- Gionee Pioneer P2M Geekbench 3 Multi-core Score: 1186
- Gionee Pioneer P2M Basemark OS II Overall score: 375
- Gionee Pioneer P2M Basemark X score: 5188
- Gionee Pioneer P2M Vellamo Metal Score: 777
- Gionee Pioneer P2M Vellamo Multicore Score: 1209
- Gionee Pioneer P2M GFX OpenGL T-Rex score: 9.9 fps
- Gionee Pioneer P2M GFX OpenGL T-Rex offscreen score: 4.4 fps
- Gionee Pioneer P2M Nenamark2 v2.4 score: 59.9 fps
- Gionee Pioneer P2M 3DMark Ice Storm Unlimited score: 4222
- Gionee Pioneer P2M 3DMark Ice Storm Extreme score: 2537
Gionee Pioneer P2M OTG Test
The USB OTG test was done on the Pioneer P2M, and it is confirmed that the phone does not support USB OTG connectivity. We tried to check with both 8GB and 32GB drives, and both didn’t work, didn’t get detected on the device.