Own a Smartphone? Then you must be already receiving tens to hundreds of notifications per day. From your WhatsApp and Facebook applications to advertisements from your carrier and other online retailers, we do receive a lot of notifications everyday. Many times, you may clear all your notifications at once to get rid of the mess in the Notification shade, and at times while doing so, you may even delete the notifications that are actually of use.
If you have faced such a situation, where you accidentally deleted any of your useful notifications along with other notifications, now there is a way to recover all your past notifications, provided your Android Smartphone is running Android version 4.3 Jelly Bean or above.
How to Retrieve Notification History on Android Smartphones:
Below is a simple trick which will let you get your notification history on any Android Smartphone running Android version 4.3 Jelly Bean and above:
- First of all, long tap on any empty space of your Android home screen.
- Now you would get three options, namely: Wallpapers, Widgets and Settings.
- Choose Widgets.
- From the list of widgets available, keep scrolling left until you find the “Settings Shortcut” widget.
- Long press on the widget and then place it on any empty space of your Android device’s home screen.
- Once you place the widget on your Android home screen, you will be provided with a list of Setting shortcuts to choose from, scroll down until you find the “Notification Log” option and then click on it.
- Now a Notification Log shortcut will be added to the home screen of your Android device.
- Click on it.
- And now you will be displayed with a recent history of all the notifications received on your Android device. If you had missed any important notification earlier, you must be able to recover it now.