UC Browser, the smartphone browser from UC Web has announced a new version for the Indian users. The UC Browser 12.0 version is officially released as the company announces that the browser has crossed 130 Million Monthly Active Users in India.
The major focus with this release is the smoother experience and “no buffering” video experience while saving the data as well. Check out the list of new features and upgrades given below in the new version of UC Browser.
Top features of UC Browser 12.0:
- Save 50% data – The new UC Browser supports latest video coding format, VP9 Codec, helping save up to 50 % data as compared to the last version, while returning the same video quality
- Flexibility of switching definition – The upgraded browser supports new Media Source Extensions, introduced by World Wide Web to facilitate video streaming on websites. It will help optimize pre-loading of video on website and switch the definition automatically under different network situations
- Watch videos while downloading and Video previews – The updated browser gives users a “no buffering” video experience. Viewers can also click “Play” and watch video simultaneously while it is downloading. Further, user can easily get a preview on a thumbnail by clicking the video and decide whether to continue watching before downloading the whole clip
- Smoother browsing experience – UC Browser now runs on the upgraded core U4 Kernel, which allows for faster page loads without draining the RAM of the device. This helps with providing a fast and smooth browsing experience, even for users with budget phones that have RAM as low as 1-2 GB
- Smart weather and Smart Zodiac – The updated version has added two customized functions – Smart Weather and Smart Zodiac Signs. Now the browser will remind users about the weather forecast and horoscope prediction of the day
- Supports Multi-tasking – User can now continue to watch a video and browse simultaneously – the video plays in a small window
Addressing the media on her visit to India, Shallia Li, Head of UC Browser (International Business Department) at Alibaba Mobile Business Group said, “UCWeb has always been dedicated in making content easily accessible for users, even when they are in limited bandwidth area. With evolving user demands, we are also upgrading our technology. Our data compression technology now provides a ‘No buffering’ video watching experience. Our vision of “Content for everyone, Every Content for One” is making content accessible for users regardless of network infrastructure and mobile hardware type while also personalizing and customizing the content as per user’s preference.”
The app is available for all major platforms, and the new version as well is available for updating.