The Redmi 4 from Xiaomi was announced, and as usual, there is a Prime variant of the same also launched. But this time, Xiaomi has also launched an affordable variant of the phone, i.e. the Redmi 4A, which is a bit different with the internal specs and Xiaomi has also made the Prime variant of Redmi 4 different with the processor.
Let’s check out the comparison between the three devices that got announced, and see how they match up and are similar, and what makes them different from each other, apart from the pricing which is obviously unique for each.
Xiaomi Redmi 4 vs. Redmi 4 Prime vs. Redmi 4A – Similarities
- All the three models are made up of metal unibody design, which was earlier seen in the Redmi 3s as well.
- The screen size of the three phones is the same, i.e. a 5-inch display.
- The phones run Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow based MIUI v8 operating system, which is rolled out to a few other Xiaomi smartphones as well already.
- The camera on the back is the same on the three phones – 13 MP camera with F/2.2 aperture, phase detection autofocus and LED flash.
- There is a 5-megapixel front-facing camera with F/2.2 aperture on all the three phones.
Differences between Redmi 4, Redmi 4 Prime and Redmi 4A
- Display resolution: While the Redmi 4 and Redmi 4A come with the 720p resolution resulting in 296 PPI pixel density, the Redmi 4 Prime has a Full HD 1080p resolution, which gives it a pixel density of 443 PPI.
- Processor: The chipset powering is different in all the three phones. The Redmi 4 has Snapdragon 430 processor, the Redmmi 4 Prime comes with Snapdragon 625 while the Redmi 4A comes powered with the Snapdragon 425 chipset.
- RAM & Storage: While the Redmi 4 and Redmi 4A have 2GB of RAM and 16GB internal storage, the Redmi 4 Prime comes with 3GB of RAM and 32GB internal storage.
- Fingerprint scanner: The Xiaomi Redmi 4A lacks a fingerprint scanner while the Redmi 4 and its Prime variant come with a scanner on the back, just like how it was on the Redmi 3s Prime.
- Battery capacity: The Redmi 4 and Redmi 4 Prime have a 4100 mAh battery packed into them, while the Redmi 4A has a 3120 mAh battery.
- Fast charging: The higher capacity devices that are given above have a fast charging support, but the Redmi 4A does not have the fast charging feature.
The pricing, of course, is different and the Redmi 4A is the most affordable in the three and you would have guessed that with the specs as well.