We’ve been seeing lots and lots of developments in the health space where technology has been getting better to serve in the rightful ways, but most are for the professionals or healthcare specialists. Kolibree has worked on something that caters to the general public, though, with the Kolibree Ara smart toothbrush that is said to use Artificial Intelligence to help brush the right way.
The toothbrush is made to maintain a personalized daily dental record and let the user know if they’ve missed something or if they are not following the right way.
The Ara toothbrush uses 3D motion sensors including accelerometers, gyroscopes and a magnetometer to get the information about the parts of the mouth that are getting cleaned, and the ones that are not properly cleaned. Once the assessment is done, the information is sent to the Kolibree app via a Bluetooth 4.0 connection and you’ll be able to find how well are you doing with the brushing. A weekly report too is shown. With the timely records, you will be able to check if some areas are being ignored or not reached.
Features of Kolibree Ara toothbrush
- Proprietary AI technology in the toothbrush
- 3-D motion sensors, accelerometer, gyroscope and magnetometer
- Offline data capture, date, time, duration and zones brushed
- Bluetooth 4.0 (Bluetooth Low Energy) for easy connection and synchronization
- Gentle vibrations and rounded bristles to protect teeth and gums
- Only 2.5ounces and a 2-week battery life for easy travel
The Kolibree Ara toothbrush is going to be available from March 2017 for the price of $130, but till then, there will be pre-ordering available for the discounted price of $80. This is not the first time that we’ve seen smart brushing solutions, but the use of multiple sensors would surely help in proper assessment of the regular brushing habits.