Samsung has officially launched the Samsung Pay; the mobile payment service in India after teasing for some time. It supports Paytm also and will be available for only a few selected Samsung smartphones. Users who signed up the early program can now add their debit/credit cards to their Samsung Pay accounts and make payments.
The Samsung Pay is made possible with the support of patented technologies like Magnetic Secure Transmission (MST) and Near Field Communication (NFC), using which users can make contact-free mobile payments. Samsung Knox acts as one of the payment medium security, while other two being Fingerprint scanning, Digital Tokenization. The Samsung Galaxy S7, Galaxy S7 Edge, Galaxy S6 Edge+, Galaxy Note 5, Galaxy A7(2016) and A5(2016) support Samsung Pay in India.
Here’s How You Setup the Samsung Pay account:
- Head over to System Settings and then to accounts and here click on Add Samsung Account
- click on “Sign-up” to register for the Samsung Pay account. Here you need to enter your e-mail ID and the password associated with your e-mail.
- Now you need to scan your Finger for Fingerprint security, so carefully scan your most convenient Finger, or you can alternatively set up a PIN for transaction authentications
- You can use the in-app camera and auto-read card details or manually enter the card details.
- Finally, enter OTP confirming the registration process.
Samsung has collaborated with some banks including ICICI, HDFC, Axis and Standard Chartered Bank for debit as well as credit cards to provide users seamless mobile payments and will soon extend support for American Express and Citibank cards.