Vivo, the smartphone manufacturer has launched the Plus variant to the flagship V5 smartphone in India. The phone was launched a few days back in China and now the official launch in India makes it a bit confusing for the users to understand which one would be a better buy, and if it is a Plus, how is the phone better or different.
Let’s do a quick comparison between the two phones to see how they differ with each other and why is the V5 Plus a better bet if you don’t have a strict budget and are okay to get the better phone for a higher price.
Following are the similarities between the two phones.
- Both the devices have a 5.5-inch display
- The phones run Android 6.0 Marshmallow based Funtouch OS
- The devices have 4GB of RAM
- There is a fingerprint scanner on the front of the phones, placed under the home button
- There are gold and gray variants for both the devices
- There are MicroUSB connectivity and USB OTG support on both the phones
- The devices have 4G LTE and VoLTE support
Differences between Vivo V5 and Vivo V5 Plus
- The resolution of the display differs here. While the Vivo V5 has a 720p display (1280×720 pixels), the V5 Plus has a 1080p display (1920×1080 pixels).
- Processor: Both the phones have different powers given to them. The Vivo V5 has a MediaTek MT6750 octa-core processor clocking at 1.5GHz, the Vivo V5 Plus has Qualcomm MSM8953 Snapdragon 625 octa-core processor clocking at 2.0GHz.
- As for the storage, there is 32GB internal storage in the V5 while the V5 Plus has 64GB internal storage.
- Rear camera: The camera seems better on the V5 Plus. The V5 has a 13-megapixel camera with phase detection autofocus, while the V5 Plus has a 16-megapixel camera with phase detection autofocus. The former can capture only 1080p video while the latter can take 4K videos (2160p).
- Front camera: It is the dual-lens front camera setup that defines the newer Vivo V5 Plus. There is a combination of a 20-megapixel rear and an 8-megapixel front-facing camera on the front of the phone when compared to the 20-megapixel shooter on the front of V5.
- The Vivo V5 has a 3000 mAh battery and on the other side, the Vivo V5 Plus on the other side has a 3160 mAh battery. Also, the Plus variant has a support for fast charging, which is absent in the former.
- The V5 Plus has the latest Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection when compared to the V5 that has a previous version of Gorilla Glass.
The Vivo V5 is priced quite lesser but the presence of a dual-lens front camera setup, the Snapdragon processor, and a better internal storage makes the V5 Plus a better deal.