As was mentioned by the Xiaomi’s officials as soon as the launch happened in China, the Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 is officially launched in India. The Mi Mix 2 comes with the bezel-less display and there is a strong set of specifications included.
The Mi Mix 2 comes with the 5.99-inch Full Screen display with the 18:9 aspect ratio and the resolution of 2160 x 1080 pixels. To give the display a lot of space on the front, the Mi Mix 2 has the slimmest of the borders on three sides and it is only the bottom part, i.e. the chin area where the front-facing camera is located. The phone comes with a glossy back made of ceramic and that is what gives the phone the premium look.
The Mi Mix 2 is powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 octa-core processor and along with that is 6GB of RAM and 128GB internal storage. The rear camera is taken from the company’s flagship, i.e. a 12-megapixel camera with the Sony IMX 386 sensor and F/2.0 aperture while it is a 5-megapixel camera on the front of the device for selfies.
While having the USB Type-C connectivity, the phone has a 3400 mAh battery and there is Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 fast charge support.
Manu Jain, Vice President, Xiaomi and Managing Director, Xiaomi India said, “With Mi MIX, we gave everyone a glimpse of what the phone of the future would look like. Mi MIX 2 has evolved from a conceptual design into a user-friendly phone catered to a wider consumer audience while retaining the wow factor. We are so proud to have brought Mi MIX 2 for our fans in India within a month of our global launch, and I am sure everyone will love how immersive the experience is.”
- 5.99-inch, 18:9 display with custom rounded corners
- 2160 × 1080 resolution (FHD+), 403 PPI, Corning Gorilla Glass
- DCI-P3 color gamut, high color saturation
- Hidden sound guided speaker and ultrasonic proximity sensor
- 7-series aluminium alloy frame, four-sided curved ceramic body, 18k gold-plated camera rim
- 12MP rear camera, Sony IMX386 camera sensor
- 4-axis OIS, large 1.25μm pixels
- 5MP front camera with Super black lens coating
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 835, 10nm processor technology (Octa-core, max 2.45GHz)
- 6GB LPDDR4X RAM + 128GB internal storage
- 3400mAh high-capacity battery, full-day usage, 9V/2A Quick charge 3.0, USB Type-C
- Rear fingerprint sensor
- Global LTE support, 6 modes 43 bands, Dual SIM, Bluetooth 5.0
- Multi-function NFC: Read, write, card emulation, and P2P
- Dimensions: 151.8 x 75.5 x 7.7mm, Weight: 185g
- MIUI 8 based on Android N