VAIO Corporation has announced their first Windows 10 running smartphone called the Phone Biz. VAIO PC brand was earlier sold by Sony and this is their second smartphone after being sold, the first one was an Android smartphone. the device is named and designed to attract the Business category users. It sports a 5.5-inch Full HD display with a resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels.
The Phone Biz is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 617 SoC running at 1.7 GHz coupled with 3GB of RAM and 64GB internal storage which can be further expanded. It supports Continuum for Phones by Microsoft, which looks a bit far fetched with the mid-range processor at offer running apps etc on the larger screen will be a headache.
- Display: 5.5-inch Full HD display with a resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels
- Processor: Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 617 SoC with Adreno 418 GPU
- RAM and Storage: 3GB RAM and 16GB internal storage expandable up to 64GB using microSD card
- Camera: 13MP rear camera with LED flash and 5MP front facing camera
- OS: Windows 10 Mobile
- Battery: 2800mAh
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS
The device sports a 13MP rear camera with LED flash and a 5MP front-facing camera. The battery is just 2800mAh capacity and comes with connectivity features like 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS. Looking at the specifications, the device is almost similar to most of the mid-range smartphones available in the market these days.
The VAIO Phone Biz will be available through Japanese carrier NTT Docomo around April. It is priced at 50,000 yen which is approximately $424 or Rs. 29,000 which is a rather costly deal for a smartphone with the above mentioned specifications.