Huawei has launched their latest tablet, the MediaPad T2 10.0 Pro tablet. It comes with a 10.1-inch WUXGA IPS display with resolution of 1920 x 1200 pixels and comes with a contrast ratio of 800:1 and up to 300 nits brightness. The device is powered by an Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdrago405 n 616 SoC with Adreno GPU. This is second 10-inch tablet by Huawei which recently announced the MediaPad M2 10.0 tablet at CES 2016 which has similar display and OS as this tablet but it comes with a Kirin 930 SoC instead of the Snapdragon 616 SoC seen in the MediaPad T2 10.0.
The tablet comes in two variants based on RAM and Storage – 2GB RAM with 16GB internal storage along with 3GB RAM and 32GB internal storage options having expandable memory up to 128Gb using microSD card. The tablet comes with an 8MP rear camera with f/2.0 aperture and LED flash along with a 2MP front facing camera.
Specifications of Huawei MediaPad T2 10.1 Pro:
- Display: 10.1-inch WUXGA IPS display with 1920 × 1200 pixels resolution
- Processor: Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 616 (MSM8939) SoC with Adreno 405 GPU
- RAM and Storage: 2GB / 3GB RAM, 16GB / 32GB storage, expandable memory up to 128GB
- OS: Android 5.1 (Lollipop) with Emotion UI 3.1
- Camera: 8MP auto focus rear camera with LED flash, f/2.0 aperture along with 2MP front-facing camera
- Connectivity: 4G LTE (optional), Wi-Fi 802.11 ac/a/b/g/n (2.4 GHz & 5 GHz), Bluetooth 4.1, GPS / aGPS
- Battery: 6660mAh
The tablet runs on Android 5.1 Lollipop with Emotion UI 3.1 over it. It is powered by a 6660mAh battery giving it enough juice to power the 10-inch display. The MediaPad T2 10.0 comes with 4G LTE option as well in one variant and only Wifi option in another variant, it comes with connectivity features like Wi-Fi 802.11 ac/a/b/g/n (2.4 GHz & 5 GHz), Bluetooth 4.1, GPS / aGPS and 4G LTE in one variant.
Huawei has not revealed the details about the pricing and availability of the device but it will be available in black and white colors.