Apple at the “Hey Siri” event today, has unveiled the next gen. iPad, but not a refreshed iPad from the last year ones. This is the iPad Pro, the biggest iPad till date, and Apple calls it the most capable and powerful iPad ever.
The iPad Pro is 6.9mm thin, and it comes with four speakers packed for a good multimedia experience. Slightly heavier than the first iPad, the Pro weighs 1.57 pounds.
In the words of CEO Tim Cook,
This is the iPad Pro. It’s the most capable and powerful iPad we’ve ever created. It is chock full of amazing technologies and innovations.
Having a 12.9-inch screen with Full-sized virtual keyboard, the iPad Pro has 5.6million pixels on that display, which is massive in size, and resembles a laptop without a physical keyboard.
The iPad Pro comes with a third-gen A9X 64-bit chipset, which has double bandwidth than that of the A8X chipset, and a storage performance that is double than that of the current iPad series. The GPU, accd. to Phil Schiller, is console-class. Accd. to Apple, this iPad Pro has a speed faster than 80% of PCs that are shipped in the last six months, and the graphics performance is better than 90% of them shipped. Apple is claiming that the iPad Pro is able to give a good 10 hours of battery life.
- Smart keyboard: Much like the keyboard for Microsoft Surface, Apple has outed a smart keyboard that gives a physical key option for the users. Three new circles on the side of the keyboard act as a smart connector to attach it to the iPad Pro.
- Apple Pencil: The Apple iPad finally has a stylus, named Apple Pencil, introduced for the iPad Pro. Apple says “We’ve designed Apple Pencil, this began by reengineering the display.”. Highly responsive sensors built into the tip of Apple Pencil sensor pressure, tilt, and stroke. This pencil needs charging, and it can be connected to the iPad Pro via. lightning connector, to charge it.
Apple iPad Pro Specifications
- 12.9-inch Retina display, 5.6million pixels
- 3rd gen 64-bit A9X chipset
- Four speakers
- 10 hour battery life
- 8-megapixel iSight camera
- Wi-Fi 802.11 ac with MIMO
- LTE connectivity with speeds up to 150 Mbps
- Touch ID
Apple iPad Pro Pricing
The iPad Pro is coming in three variants, and here are the pricing details.
- 32GB Wi-Fi: $799
- 128GB Wi-Fi: $949
- 128GB Wi-Fi + LTE: $1079
The color options are Space Gray, gold, silver, and the Apple iPad Pro is going to be available from November 2015.