Until Windows 8, if you wanted to record an activity on your Windows 10 desktop, you had to download and use a third party tool. However, with the Windows 10 operating system, there is now a built in tool that lets you record the screen of your Windows 10 desktop. Even though this feature is one of the best and most commonly asked for feature in Windows, Microsoft does not endorse it as one of the most important feature of Windows 10. And the best thing is that, now you can do screen recording with audio recording too.
If you already own a PC that runs on Windows 10, and if you are confused on how to make use of the in built screen recording feature that comes with Windows 10 operating system, then below is a simple and well detailed guide on how to actually do screen recording on Windows 10.
How to do Screen Recording on Windows 10:
Below is the guide you will require to do screen recording on your PC running Windows 10:
- To bring up the screen recording feature on your Windows 10 PC, press the Windows button + G key on your keyboard.
- In the pop up box that appears, click on the “Yes, this is a game” option, in case you want to record something other than a gameplay.
- Now, a big red button that indicates the screen recording will have popped up on your Windows screen. To begin the screen recording on your Windows 10 PC, click on the red button.
- Once the screen recording begins, you will be notified about the recording duration by the record timer that will be floating around in the top-right corner of your Windows PC display.
- To stop the screen recording, again use the Windows key + G key shortcut on your keyboard, which will bring up the screen recording menu again and click the red button that you clicked earlier to start the recording, to stop the recording.
- And in case you wish to take a screenshot of the display in between the screen recording, then you can use the keyboard shortcut of Windows+Alt+PrtScr keys.
- Once the screen recording is stopped, it is automatically saved under the “Captures” folder in the “Video” folder, under the “This PC” main folder.
How to customize the Settings for Screen Recording in Windows 10:
Below is how you can edit and set the preference of the screen recording on Windows 10, according to your liking:
- Press the Windows button + G key to bring the screen recording menu.
- From the menu, click on the “Gear” icon.
- This will take you to the Settings, from where you will be able to customize settings such as the maximum recording time limit above 1 hour, or even enable the feature that continues the screen recording in the background.