Xiaomi has launched their latest flagship device, the Xiaomi Mi 5 in India at a launch event in New Delhi. The Xiaomi Mi 5 was unveiled in Barcelona at the MWC 2016 event. India is one of the first markets for the Mi 5 to be launched in outside China. The Mi 5 comes with a 5.15-inch Full HD display with resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels having pixel density of 428ppi.
It is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 processor with Adreno 530 GPU. The Xiaomi Mi 5 is launched in three variants based on RAM and Storage options – Standard variant comes with 3GB LPDDR4 RAM and 32GB inbuilt storage, the Prime variants comes with 3GB of RAM and 64GB inbuilt storage whereas the Pro variant comes with 4G LPDDR4 RAM and 128GB inbuilt storage. Only the Prime or 32GB variant makes it to the Indian market.
Specifications of Xiaomi Mi 5:
- Display: 5.15-inch FullHD display with resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 64-bit Quad-Core SoC with Adreno 530 GPU
- RAM and Storage: Standard – 3GB RAM with 32GB storage, Prime – 3GB RAM with 64 GB Storage and Pro – 4GB RAM variant with 128GB storage – Only the Prime or 32GB variant makes it to India
- Camera: 16MP rear camera with f/1.6 aperture, Autofocus, OIS and LED flash capable of recording 4K video along with a 4MP front-facing camera with 2um sensor
- OS: Android 6.0 Marshmallow based MIUI 7 OS
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, 3G HSPA+, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth v4.1, NFC, GPS and USB Type-C
- Battery: 3000mAh Li-Po with Quick charging
The device sports a 16-megapixel rear camera with Sony IMX298 camera sensor having PDAF and LED flash along with 4-axis OIS, the camera lens is covered with sapphire glass protection lens. The rear camera supports 4K video recording as well and a 4-UltraPixel front facing camera with 2-micron pixel sensor featuring f/2.0 aperture.
The device comes with 3,000mAh battery and supports Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0. The device comes with connectivity features like USB Type-C port and connectivity features like 4G VoLTE support, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/ac, 4G, Bluetooth 4.2, and NFC. The Xiaomi Mi 5 Prime variant is the only one making it to the Indian market priced at Rs. 24,999 and the device will go on sale from 6th April exclusively through Mi.com.