Wi-Fi Passwords are something that people like to keep secure, and there are times when you just forget what that password was. But fortunately, your laptop is already connected and it is running on Windows 10. You can easily find the saved password for your Wi-Fi network, and today I’m going to tell you how.
Before we go ahead, if you’re using Windows 10, you should read about the few things that you must disable in Windows 10 today to keep your privacy, and also go through the ultimate Windows 10 Tips and Tricks that we have carefully compiled for you. Let’ go ahead with this article now.
Recover Saved Wi-Fi Password in Windows 10
In order to find your saved password for your Wi-Fi, simply follow the following steps, and you’ll have your password in no time.
- Right click on your Network icon at the bottom-right in the taskbar, and choose “Open Network and Sharing Center”
- In the Network and Sharing Center, click on “Wi-Fi (<Your-Wi-Fi-Name>)” in the right corner. If you can’t find it, move to next step to see how else you can access it otherwise, skip the next two steps.
- If that doesn’t show, click on Change Adapter settings on the left side menu to access all the adapters in your computer.
- Right-Click on Wi-Fi and choose Status to come to the Wi-Fi Status Screen
- Here, click on the Wireless Properties button
- Next, choose the security tab on the top and then tick mark the option that says Show Characters. You will have revealed your Wi-Fi Password successfully here.
There may be other ways to see what your saved Wi-Fi password is, but they generally require you to run a few commands in the command prompt, and is generally more complex than the way I have mentioned here. However, if you know any other easy way to do this, do let me know in the comments section below.
I hope the tutorial helped you recover your WiFi password on your Windows 10 computer. If you found this tutorial helpful, consider sharing this with your friends and family over social media so they can benefit from this tutorial as well. If you face any problems during this procedure, comment below and I’ll be happy to solve the problem for you!