With Windows 10, Microsoft changed the login screen a bit, but still it was similar to the one we saw in the Windows 8 and 8.1 to a great extent. If you’re the type that likes to customize everything on your computer, then you would probably want to customize how your Login Screen looks as well. Today, let me help you change your Windows 10 Login Screen in 2 different ways. You can either set a solid color as the background for your Login Screen, or you can set your own image as the background for it.
If you are interested in customizing your Windows 10 installation, there are a few other things that you can customize other than your Login Screen. You can customize the Start menu in Windows 10, or just generally customize it to meet your needs.
Before you proceed to customize your Login Screen on Windows 10, it is a good idea to create a recovery media for your computer and also create a restore point on your computer because if anything goes wrong, you will need to restore your computer to a working state.
Change Login Screen to Solid Colour
In order to change the Login Screen to a solid color, you will need to tinker a bit around the Registry of your computer and change a few values in it.
- Open your Start Menu, type “regedit” and press Enter
- Now browse to “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System” using the folders on the left
- Right click on the right side of the window, and choose New -> DWORD (32-bit value)
- Enter the name as “DisableLogonBackgroundImage” and the data as “00000001”
- Now when you restart your computer, your login screen will show the same color as your Windows Accent Color. If you want to change that, you can follow our Customize your Windows 10 guide.
Change Login Screen to a Custom Image
In order to change your login screen to a custom image, you’ll have to download a third-party tool to work with. This third party tool might be dangerous because it will change existing Windows 10 files to add this change to your Windows 10 installation. Just follow the steps listed below and you’ll be fine!
- Head over to this link and download the tool required for this.
- Now, open the tool that you just downloaded
- Here, click on the window anywhere and choose the image that you want to use as your login background
- You can also head over to the advanced tab to choose any specific color that you may want, just in case you want to.
I hope you found what you were looking for in terms of the customizations that you can do with your Windows 10 Login Screen. If you faced any problems during this, feel free to comment below and I’ll be happy to help wherever I can. Also, remember to share this post with your friends and family so that they can get on the customization game as well.