Samsung has been actively working on the newer smartphone models these days, and thus we are seeing a lot of phones in the Galaxy J series and the Galaxy On series. While there are already Galaxy On5 and On7 phones available since quite some time, Samsung has now launched the Galaxy On5 Pro and the Galaxy On7 Pro.
Let’s compare the two phones, whose price differ by just Rs. 2000 and see which one can be a better choice among them. Do note that both the devices are available on Amazon India and there are Black and Gold color options available for the two.
- Check: Galaxy On5 Pro Specs | Galaxy On5 Pro on Amazon India
- Check: Galaxy On7 Pro Specs | Galaxy On7 Pro on Amazon India
Size, Design, and Display
This is where the first difference is seen. The Galaxy On5 Pro is the smaller one with a 5-inch display and thus, even the size of the phone is smaller. On the other side, it is a 5.5-inch display on the Galaxy On7 Pro. The resolution on both is the same, so you can expect to see a sharper and better output on the display of the Galaxy On5 Pro.
Another difference here is with the back camera. While both the devices offer the same front-facing camera, what differs them on the back is the sensor, with the Galaxy On7 Pro having a 13-megapixel back camera, and the Galaxy On5 Pro having an 8-megapixel back camera.
It is quite obvious that with the difference in size, you would see the larger device carrying a better battery. The Galaxy On7 Pro comes with a 3000 mAh battery, while on the other side, the Galaxy On5 Pro comes with a 2600 mAh battery. Both the phones have the same screen resolution and it only depends on how well the processor takes the load of the UI, to end up deciding which one has a better battery life.
But theoretically, the Galaxy On7 Pro has a better battery capacity and it could have a better life as well.
The processors differ on both the phones, though they have 2GB RAM and 16GB internal storage, which is common in both. Below are the processors powering the respective devices:
- Samsung Galaxy On5 Pro: Exynos 3475 quad-core chipset, 1.3 GHz
- Samsung Galaxy On7 Pro: Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 quad-core chipset, 1.2 GHz
What’s common among the two phones?
- The phones run the same OS version, i.e. Android 6.0 Marshmallow with TouchWiz UI
- Both the devices have the same display resolution, i.e. 720p
- They have the same amount of RAM (2GB), internal storage (16GB), and a MicroSD card slot
- The devices have a 5-megapixel front-facing camera with 120-degree wide-angle lens
- Both the phones have the Samsung S-Bike mode
- Both the phones have Dual SIM capability with 4G LTE connectivity support
Which is a better phone?
To look at it in the easier way, the more you pay, the better you get. For Rs. 11190, the Galaxy On7 Pro seems a better buy, but if you have a strict budget, you can still end up buying the Galaxy On5 Pro at Rs. 9190, which is not a bad buy at all.
If you want to see no compromises and end up with a better phone, we’d suggest you to get the Galaxy On7 Pro, because there is a better camera, battery capacity, and a larger display as well. The processor too, from Qualcomm, was one of the best in several phones last year.