Windows 10 is a very important move for Microsoft in general, and there are some great expectations in the minds of existing Windows users for the Windows 10 as well. For people who were not really impressed by the Windows 8/8.1 update, Microsoft says that the Windows 10 update is all what they will need.
To increase the hype surrounding Windows 10 further, Microsoft recently came out in open and announced that even Windows users having a pirated copy of Windows installed on their computers will too get the Windows 10 update, that too free of cost.
As we are expecting the launch of Windows 10 this summer, if you are interested in upgrading your existing computer to the latest Windows 10 operating system, then here we are with a set of important details that you should know before actually upgrading to Windows 10.
Recommended: Download & Install Windows 10
1. System Requirements:
To reach an even more wider user base, Microsoft has concentrated in bringing the minimum software requirements for running the Windows 10 operating system really low. So that a lot of users with relatively lower hardware capabilities can also opt to upgrade to the newer and more efficient Windows 10 platform.
Below are the minimum system requirements to install Windows 10 on PC:
- Processor with a clock speed of 1 GHz or above.
- 16 GB of free hard disk space and at least 1 GB of RAM for computers running 32-bit version of Windows.
- 20 GB free hard disk space and at least 2 GB of RAM for systems running the 64-bit version of Windows.
- Microsoft DirectX 9 graphics card with WDDM driver.
- A minimum screen resolution of 800×600 pixels.
And as you already might know, Windows 10 is also the first major operating system upgrade for devices running Windows 8/8.1. And Microsoft also have included a lot of new and intuitive features to the Windows 10 for Windows Phones to compete with Android and iOS as well.
If you are rather interested in installing the Windows 10 operating system on your Windows Phone, then below are the minimum system requirements to install Windows 10 on your Windows Phone:
- A minimum screen size of 3 inches.
- At least 512 MB of RAM for devices having displays with FWVGA and WVGA resolutions and at least 1 GB of RAM for devices with displays of WSVGA,WXGA,qHD,HD or Full-HD resolution. And at least 3 GB of RAM for devices having WQXGA and QWXGA resolution display. And a minimum of at least 4 GB of RAM for device displays of QSZA resolution.
- Above 4 GB of internal storage space and MicroSD card is required for devices having only 4 GB of internal storage space.
2. Details on Availability and Pricing:
As I said in the beginning, Microsoft’s Executive VP of OS, Mr. Terry Myerson confirmed during the WinHEC tech conference at Shenzhen, China that Windows 10 will be basically a free-for-all update, which surprisingly enough, even includes users with pirated copies of Windows installed on their computers.
However, if you are interested in a standalone purchase of the Windows 10 operating system rather than an update, then the pricing has not yet been disclosed.
As far as availability goes, Microsoft has confirmed that the Windows 10 update will start rolling out to existing Windows customers by this Summer in about 190 countries with support for 111 languages.
Need more details about Windows 10?
Stay tuned with us, as we will bring more hot updates about Windows 10 including official pricing and roll-out patterns soon.