Oppo has announced their latest technology at MWC 2016, the Super VOOC which is said to take fast charging to a whole new level. The device is said to charge a device with a 1200mAh battery in just 5 minutes which will be offering 10 hours of talk time and charging 2500mAh battery in just 15 minutes. Oppo mentioned that the new technology will be using low-voltage pulse-algorithm.
Oppo about the new technology, said “It is achieved by applying a newly developed low-voltage pulse-charge algorithm, along with OPPO’s customized battery, multiple technical innovations, as well as first-class hardware and software,”.
The Super fast charge is made possible with OPPO’s customized battery which dynamically regulates the current, ensuring safe, sustainable charging experience and preventing overheating. Oppo is also providing a Super VOOC Flash Charge adapter, new cable and a connector with premium and extremely reliable military-grade materials. One important feature which can be pretty useful is that the new technology supports Micro-USB along with USB Type-C.
Oppo mentions the advantages of their Low Voltage VOCC Flash Charge,
- VOOC charging voltage is in line with the standard smartphone charging voltage of 5V.
- Power can be directly transmitted to the battery without any voltage conversion, allowing the process to attain a charging efficiency of up to 97%.
- Difference in charging mechanism and efficiency, the temperature of a smartphone using VOOC Flash Charge remains significantly lower during the charging process than a phone using a high-voltage solution.
- VOOC Flash Charge-enabled devices will heat up by a maximum of only 3.3. degrees Celsius
- Lets you Flash Charge you smartphone and safely use it during the charging process.