Asus the Taiwanese brand has launched their latest smartphone in the budget category, the Asus Zenfone Go is the companies latest offering which is targetted at the likes of Xiaomi Redmi Prime, YU Yuphoria, Lenovo A 6000 Plus and Moto E which are priced similarly.
Asus Zenfone Go comes with a 5-inch HD IPS display with resolution of 1280 x 720 pixels. The device is powered by a Quad-core MediaTek MT6580 Processor clocked at 1.3GHz. It comes with 2GB of RAM and 8GB internal memory which can be expanded using microSD card in addition Asus is giving 100GB of free Google Drive cloud storage for two years.
Commenting on the launch, Peter Chang, regional head of South Asia & country manager of system business group, sai:
“We are excited to announce the availability of ZenFone Go for our Indian users. Being the third largest home to smartphone users, India is a critical market for us and we intend to bring cutting edge products to consumers here, who seek power packed design sensibilities of a high-end smartphone at competitive prices.”
The Asus Zenfone Go comes with 8MP rear camera with LED flash ans 2MP front facing camera. It comes with connectivity features like 3G/2G, Wifi, Bluetooth 4.0 and microUSB 2.0. Surprisingly it does not support 4G LTE which has become a must have in all smartphones including budget phones. The device is powered by 2,070mAh battery and comes in white, black and red colors.
The Zenfone Go will be available for purchase through Flipkart and Asus retail stores. It is priced at Rs 7,999 and comes in 8GB variant with 1 year manufacturer warranty.
Asus ZenFone Go Specifications
- Display: 5-inch HD display (1280 x 720 pixels resolution)
- Processor: 1.3 GHz MediaTek MT6580 Quad Core Processor
- RAM and Storage: 2GB RAM, 8GB internal storage, expandable by 64GB with MicroSD card
- Camera: 8MP rear camera, 2MP front-facing camera
- OS: Android Lollipop 5.1 with ZenUI
- Battery: 2070 mAh
- Connectivity: Dual SIM (GSM + WCDMA), Bluetooth 4.0, WiFi b/g/n and GPS with A-GPS and GLONASS
- SAR Value: At the Head – 0.362 W/Kg, At the Body – 0.497 W/Kg