Asus has launched their latest smartphone in India, the Zenfone Max which was first showcased by the company middle of last year in August at the Zen Festival. Although a bit late to the party, the Zenfone Max joins the smartphones with bigger battery capacities sporting a 5,000mAh battery and a 5.5-inch Display. Other device which were released with big batteries recently are Gionee Marathon M5 with a 6,020mAh battery and the Lenovo Vibe P1 with 4900mAh battery.
The non-removable battery in the Zenfone Max also acts as a power bank capable of charging other devices as well. The smartphone sports a 5.5-inch IPS HD display with resolution of 720×1280 pixels. It is powered by a quad-core Snapdragon 410 processor clocking at 1GHz.
- Display: 5.5-inch IPS HD display with resolution of 720×1280 pixels
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 clocking at 1GHz
- RAM and Storage: 2GB RAM and 16GB internal storage expandable using microSD card up to 64GB
- Camera: 13MP rear camera with dual LED flash and 5MP front facing camera
- OS: Android 5.1 Lollipop based ZenUI 2.0
- Battery: 5000mAh Li-ion non-removable
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, 3G, GPRS/EDGE, GPS, Glonass, Bluetooth 4.0 and Wi-Fi
The Zenfone Max comes with 2GB of RAM and 16GB internal storage space which is expandable up to 64GB using microSD card. The device sports a 13MP rear camera with dual LED flash and a 5MP front-facing camera. It run son Android 5.0 Lollipop based ZenUI 2.0. The device comes with connectivity features like compass, proximity sensor and ambient light sensors.
With the current trend being 4G LTE, Asus has made sure that Zenfone Max comes with 4G LTE support along with other connectivity features like 3G, GPRS/EDGE, GPS, Glonass, Bluetooth 4.0 and Wi-Fi. Zenfone Max is available in Black and White colors on e-commerce website Flipkart for Pre-order starting from today. The device will be available on online retail stores from January 14th priced at Rs. 9,999 which is quite competitive when compared to its competition.