Gionee has unveiled their first smartphone sporting a USB Type-C port called the S Plus, the smartphone comes with a 5.5-inch HD AMOLED display covered with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection. The device is powered by an Octa-Core 64-bit MT6753 processor with Mali-T720 GPU and runs on Android 5.1 Lollipop with Amigo UI 3.1 on top of it.
The S Plus is the new device in the S series exclusively to Indian consumers, commenting on the launch, Timir Baran Acharrya, GM, Gionee India said: In today’s fast paced time, the consumer needs and desires are evolving and they don’t want to compromise on the looks nor the specs of the device. Hence to bridge in the gap, we have introduced the all new S Plus especially in India this Diwali to meet all the expectations that our consumers are asking for. In fact, the all new S Plus is equipped with new features like Face Unlock that would help consumers unlock there device in less than a second.
The device is supported by 3GB of RAM and 16GB internal memory which is expandable using microSD card. The Gionee S Plus comes with a 13MP rear camera with LED flash and a 5MP front facing camera. It comes with a USB Type-C charger and a 3150 mAh battery to support the device, it has Dual SIM support and 4G LTE connectivity option as well laong with 3G HSPA+, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS along with USB Type-C.
- Display: 5.5-inch HD Super AMOLED display having resolution of 1280 x 720 pixels
- Processor: 1.3 GHz Octa-Core MediaTek MT6753 64-bit processor with Mali-T720 GPU
- RAM and Storage: 3GB RAM and 16GB internal memory expandable using microSD card
- Camera: 13MP rear camera with LED flash and 5MP front facing camera
- Connectivity: 4G LTE / 3G HSPA+, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS
- Battery: 3150 mAh battery with fast charging and USB Type-C port
The Gionee S Plus is available in Dark Blue, White and Golden colors, the availability is from November first week. The device is priced slightly higher than what would have been competitive is what I feel at Rs. 16,999.