Gionee has launched their latest smartphone which comes with some high-end specifications but at a decent pricing, the Gionee S6 is the latest 5.5-inch display sporting smartphone from the Chinese manufacturer. The device was launched in China at a price of 1699 Yuan which is approximately US$267 or Rs. 17,000.
As for the US readers, the Gionee S6 might be coming to US under the Miami-base BLU brand name. We saw that Gionee Elife E8 was introduced into the US with the name BLU Pure XL which got some decent response. As for the specifications of the S6, it sports a 5.5-inch HD AMOLED display with a resolution of 1280 x 720 pixels.
The smartphone is powered by a MediaTek 64-bit, octa-core MT6753 processors, clocked at 1.3GHz and coupled with an ARM Mali-T720 GPU. It comes with 3GB of RAM and 32GB internal storage which can be further expanded using the second hybrid SIM slot which acts as microSD card reader as well.
- Display: 5.5-inch HD AMOLED display with resolution of 1280 x 720 pixels
- Processor: MediaTek 64-bit, octa-core MT6753 processors, clocked at 1.3GHz and coupled with an ARM Mali-T720 GPU
- RAM and Storage: 3 GB of RAM and 32GB of internal storage
- Camera: 13MP rear camera with LED flash, f/2.0 aperture and PDAF for faster focus. It has a 5MP front facing camera.
- OS: Android 5.1 Lollipop based Amigo OS 3.1
- Battery: 3150mAh with 18.8 hours of talk time and up to 342 hours of standby time
- Connectivity: 4G-LTE, Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi and GPS/A-GPS and USB 2.0 Type-C with OTG
The Gionee S6 comes with a 13MP rear camera with f/2.0 aperture and PDAF or Phase detection autofocus which makes focusing quick and an LED flash. The front camera is a 5MP shooter. It is powered by a 3150 mAh battery which is said to give 18.8 hours of talk time and up to 342 hours of standby time which is pretty impressive for the huge device. The device sports a Reversible USB Type-C port.
Gionee has a dedicated sound chamber which is said to give a richer sound. It runs on Android 5.1 Lollipop with Gionee’s Amigo OS 3.1 over it, there no news about the Android Marshmallow update yet. It supports 4G-LTE with dual SIM, the second SIM slot is a hybrid to support micrSD card as well. other connectivity features are Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi and GPS/A-GPS and USB 2.0 Type-C with OTG. The device is available for pre-order in China and the availability in other countries has not been revealed yet like its second home India.