LG has launched the company’s latest smartphone the LG V10 which we can say is close to a Flagship with the features it is offering. The LG V10 comes with a 2.1-inch second screen present above the main display which is 5.7-inch Quad HD Quantum display with resolution of 2560 x 1440 pixels having 513ppi. The device will be bigger than your normal 5.7-inch device thanks to the added 2.1-inch second display, we will talk about the details of the second screen later on.
The LG V10 is powered by a 1.8GHz hexa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 808 processor with Adreno 418 GPU. It is supported by 4GB LPDDR3 RAM and 64GB internal memory which is further expandable up to 2TB with a microSD card. It runs on Android 5.1.1 Lollipop with LG UX over it. It sports a 16-megapixel rear camera with LED flash, Laser autofocus, OIS 2.0 and some good set of manual options in manual mode to set focus, ISO, white balance and focus even while recording video. The LG V10 sport dual 5-megapixel front facing cameras with two separate lenses, this helps in capturing standard selfie with 80 degree and wide-angle selfies of 120 degrees.
The second screen which is a 2.1-inch IPS Quantum Display with a resolution of 16 x 1040 pixels having 513ppi similar to the primary display. It is an intelligent and useful inclusion in the smartphone, which shows information like time, date, weather and battery icon which can be set to be always on or to only when the primary display is turned on. You can also set 5 of you favourite apps shortcuts in the display to show up along with notifications, this helps in viewing the notifications without disrupting your view on the primary display. The secondary display can be used separately without stopping the primary display function mainly useful when you are watching a movie.
It comes with a fingerprint sensor placed on the back of the device in between the volume rockers below the camera module. The device is powered by a 3000mAh battery which comes with Qualcomm Quick Charge 2.0 which is said to charge your phone in just 40 minutes to 50%. It is made of SAE grade 316L stainless steel which promises maximum durability and the soft Dura skin on the bottom and back give a premium look and finish along with protection from impact. This finish is said to be up to the US military standard MIL-STD 810G which means the device is capable of withstanding falls of up to 1.2 metres. The device will be available in five colours of Space Black, Luxe White, Modern Beige, Ocean Blue and Opal Blue.
- Primary Display: 5.7-inch Quad HD In-cell Touch Quantum display with resolution of 2560×1440 pixels and 513 ppi
- Secondary Display: 2.1-inch IPS Quantum Display with resolution of 160 x 1040 pixels and 513ppi
- Processor: 1.8 GHz hexacore Snapdragon 808 processor with Adreno 418 GPU
- RAM and Storage: 4GB LPDDR3 RAM and 64GB internal memory expandable up to 2TB with microSD card
- Camera: 16MP primary camera with LED flash, OIS, Laser Autofocus, and 4K video recording. It comes with 5MP dual front facing camera with two separate lenses with OIS 2.0, 80 and 120 wide-angle photo capability.
- OS: Android 5.1.1 Lollipop with LG UX over it
- Battery: 3000mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 2.0
- Connectivity: 4G LTE / 3G HSPA+, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS, NFC, Slim Port
The LG V10 is said to be launched in Korea first which starts later this month and will be followed in countries like USA, China and other countries in Asia. The pricing of the device is not revealed yet.