Meizu has announced the Meizu Pro 5, its latest Flagship device at an event held in Beijing. The Meizu Pro 5 is an all-metal smartphone with some killer looks and equally good specs to go with. Being the Flagship from Meizu, it comes with a 5.7-inch Super AMOLED display with 1920 x 1080 pixels resolution and 2.5D glass, it is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 3. The display comes with a viewing angle of 88-degree and 10000:1 contrast ratio.
The Meizu Pro 5 is powered by an Octa-core Samsung Exynos 7420 processor with (Quad 2.1 GHz + Quad 1.5 GHz) and Mali T760 GPU. The device is available in two variants depending on the RAM and storage spaces, with 3GB LPDDR4 RAM and 32GB storage and the high-end variant with 4GB LPDDR4 RAM with 64GB storage space expandable using microSD card.
The device sports a 21.6MP rear camera having Sony IMX230 sensor, 6P lenses having dual-tone LED flash, laser autofocus and f/2.2 aperture along with 4K video recording. It also comes with a 5MP front-facing camera with OV5670 sensor and f/2.0 aperture. It runs on Android 5.1 Lollipop with Meizu’s Flyme OS 5.0 over it. The Home button comes with mBack touch sensitive feature which offers different functions based on press, it is similar to the MX5 and mTouch 2.1 fingerprint recognition technology, a fingerprint sensor is also included in the Home button.
The Meizu Pro 5 comes with Hybrid Dual SIM option, the second SIM slot acts as a microSD slot as well. It comes with connectivity features like 4G LTE, 3G HSPA+, WiFi 802.11 ac/b/g/n (2.4/5 GHz), Bluetooth 4.1, GPS, USB 3.0 and reversible Type-C port which comes with mCharge fast charging technology. It has a 3050 mAh battery which is said to go from 0-65% in just 30 minutes thanks to the mCharge technology used in the device. Meizu comes with the new ES9018 signal processor and OPA1612 headphone amplifier to give Hi-Fi sound experience.
- Display: 5.7-inch Super AMOLED display with 1920 x 1080 pixels resolution and Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- Processor: Octa-Core Samsung Exynos 7420 processor (Quad 2.1GHz + Quad 1.5GHz) with Mali T760 GPU
- RAM and Storage: 3GB RAM with 32GB internal storage and 4GB RAM with 64GB internal storage expandable using microSD card
- Camera: 21.6 MP rear camera with Sony IMX230 Exmor RS BSI sensor, dual-tone LED flash, Laser Autofocus. It also comes with a 5MP front-facing camera with OV5670 sensor with f/2.0 sensor.
- OS: Android 5.1 Lollipop with Flyme OS 5.0 over it
- Battery: 3050 mAh with mCharge fast charging using Type-C port
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, 3G HSPA+, WiFi 802.11 ac/b/g/n (2.4/5 GHz), Bluetooth 4.1, GPS, USB 3.0
The Meizu PRO 5 is available for order in China from today and will be going on sale from October 12. In India the Meizu PRO 5 will be launching in the middle of October, it is available in four colors of Golden, Gray, Silver, Silver Black. The Meizu PRO 5 is priced at $439 or CNY2800 for the 3GB/32GB model and priced at $490 (CNY3100) for the 4GB/64GB variant.