We knew it, and it happened eventually. Before the official launch, the details of OnePlus 5T are out. Not just the basic ones but the entire list of specifications through the official box packaging is out, and now you know what to expect from the device. It was SlashLeaks on Twitter who put out every detail of the phone already, and some pictures comparing the phone with the OnePlus 5 and the Samsung Galaxy S8, and Mi Mix 2 from Xiaomi.
Firstly, nothing has changed internally. The same processor, the same variants based on RAM and storage, and even the same Android version that the device is coming with, i.e. Android 7.1.1 based OxygenOS.
One of the major changes is the fingerprint sensor placement. The sensor, for the first time on any OnePlus phone, goes on the back of the device because the front is almost filled by the tall display, which is the trend several smartphones have followed this year.
Another major change that seems to go hidden in the spec sheet for now, is the pump up in the aperture size, with a F/1.7 aperture given for the 20-megapixel secondary camera on the back, which was earlier had a F/2.6 aperture, not letting do much in low light conditions. This change should help take some good portraits in low light conditions as well. Also, the focal length on both the cameras is 27.22mm.
Some of the major specifications of the device include the following.
- 6.01-inch AMOLED display with 2160 x 1080 pixels, 401 PPI, 18:9 aspect ratio
- 2.5D Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 processor, Adreno 540 GPU
- 6GB RAM + 64GB storage, 8GB RAM + 128GB storage variants
- Rear camera: 16MP F/1.7 Sony IMX 398 camera, 20MP IMX 376K F/1.7 camera
- Front camera: 16MP Sony IMX 371 camera with F/2.0 aperture
- 4K video recording with rear camera with EIS for 4K videos
- 3300 mAh battery, Dash charge support for fast charging
Availability of the OnePlus 5T
The sale is scheduled to happen on 21st of November in North America and Europe, and for the other markets, we will be updating with the dates, whenever there is some info available on the same.