Sony has announced two new devices in their X series, the Xperia XZ and the Xperia X Compact which is amid range smartphone at the IFA 2016 event in Berlin. The X compact sports a 4.6-inch HD Triluminos Display with Corning Gorilla Glass protection. It also carries the revamped design seen in the Xperia XZ as well with more rounded borders and the additional Predictive Hybrid Autofocus sensor beside the flash on the rear of the camera.
The device also sports a Fingerprint sensor located in the power button in the side of the device. It is powered by a Hexa-core 64-bit Snapdragon 650 processor with Adreno 510 GPU coupled with 3GB of RAM and 32GB internal storage expandable up to 256 GB using microSD card. Sony has always managed to bring out neat and elegant looking devices with decent specifications, but where it went always wrong was the pricing and hope they fix it with these devices with the pricing not revealed yet.
Specifications of Sony Xperia X Compact:
- Display: 4.6-inch Triluminos HD Display with Corning Gorilla Glass protection
- Processor: Hexa-Core Snapdragon 650 64-bit processor with Adreno 510 GPU
- RAM and Storage: 3GB RAM, 32GB internal memory, expandable up to 256GB via microSD card
- Camera: 23MP rear camera with Exmos RS sensor, 1/2.3″ sensor, f/2.0 lens, Predictive Hybrid AF, 5-axis stabilizatio, 4K video recording and a 5MP front-facing camera with 1/3.06″ Exmor RS sensor, 22mm wide-angle f/2.0 lens, 1080p video recording.
- OS: Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz / 5GHz) MIMO, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS/ GLONASS, NFC, USB Type-C
- Battery: 2700 mAh Battery with Qnovo’s Adaptive Charging technology
The Xperia X Compact sports the same 23MP rear camera with Exmor RS sensor as the Xperia X Performance and it comes with the Predictive Hybrid AF as well capable of recording 1080p Videos only. It sports a 5MP front facing camera with 1.3.06″ Exmor RS sensor having 22mm wide-angle lens with f/2.0 aperture. It sports a fingerprint sensor in the Power button on the side of the device. The device comes with connectivity features like 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4GHz / 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS/ GLONASS, NFC, USB Type-C. It is powered by a 2700mah battery with Qnovo’s Adaptive Charging technology.
The Sony Xperia X Compact will be available in Mist Blue, Universe Black and White colors and will be available from October. There is no information about the pricing of the device yet.