Redmi note 3 is the budget flagship of 2016 by Xiaomi. It has out beaten phones which cost more than double its price by a huge margin, Thanks to the Qualcomm Snapdragon 650 chips etc that it comes with. There are two variants of this device, one with 16GB internal storage and 2GB of RAM and the other with 32GB Internal storage and 3Gigs of ram. The device also comes with a 16MP primary camera and a gigantic 4000 mAh battery to keep you running for a day and more. All this is covered d under the sleek metal unibody design of the device which gives it a very premium feel. Despite the flagship specs what makes the device really special is its price, which is under $200.
Rooting is a process which allows the user to gain Superuser privileges over the Android subsystem. This is mainly done by pushing the superuser files to a specific system directory, to be able to do this it is mandatory that the device has the boot-loader unlocked. Xiaomi devices have a particularly different procedure for unlocking the bootloader of their devices. The procedure involves validation and approval from the company servers for the unlocking of boot-loader of each specific device, So Here’s a tutorial on the same.
Unlocking the bootloader:
The first step in this process is to register a MI account on your device, then go ahead and download the MI Flash tool and launch it.
- You’ll either be accepted in the first attempt and be able to complete the whole process
- You’ll have to make and application and wait for confirmation or permission to unlock via SMS.
- On opening the MI flash tool you should be presented with a multi-point disclaimer and you need to accept the disclaimer to proceed.
- For the next step you need to login to the MI account that you’ve logged in your phone.
- This should begin the validation process and your device will be validated for Unlocking the bootloader.
While the process of validation happens, you might encounter a notification claiming abnormal account inquiry. If you do, don’t worry, just retry once or twice.
You’ll be presented with either a green signal telling you can proceed with the Unlocking or you might have to send an application for permission to unlock the bootloader.
- If you’re allowed to unlock you should be presented with a screen saying phone is currently not connected
- Turn off the phone by pressing the power button and confirming power off.
- Then enter the bootloader mode by pressing and holding the Volume down and power button when the phone is turned off.
- Then connect the phone to the PC.
- The MI flash tool should now show phone connected.
- There will be a unlock button on the screen, look for it and click it.
- The tool will then verify device information and if all the data validates, it’ll proceed with the Unlocking.
- Once this is done, reboot the phone by pressing restart button or hold the power button for 10 seconds to exit fastboot mode.
If you see a screen saying your current account has no unlock qualifications, don’t be alarmed or discouraged. Just click the go button and follow the instructions and fill out the necessary application. Apply for permission by filling the form here
Here you’ve to carefully read carefully the risk of Unlocking your device which is on the right side of the page before embarking to accept the “Millet Phone Unlocking agreement” which may result in your warranty getting void.fill in your name, followed by the phone number /email id and then the most important part., the reason for Unlocking.
It’s strongly advised to put up a genuine reason for Unlocking instead of directly copying from one of the many websites. Copying the reasons increases the risk of rejection and in rare cases, it can result in your account being blacklisted.
You’ll receive an OTP immediately after accepting the agreement, enter the OTP in the website and proceed with the process. This should be it, your application is successfully completed and you might need to wait for about a week. If you receive no response even after that, file a complaint.
Now that the bootloader is successfully unlocked you might want to root the device and install a custom recovery like TWRP so that you can flash a custom rom or a custom kernel.
Also don’t forget to checkout our tutorial on how to install CyanogenMod 14.1 based on the latest Android Nougat 7.1.1 so that you can enjoy stock android experience on your Xiaomi Redmi Note 3. Here’s the link for the same
Do let us know in the comments below if you’ve any issue or encounter any problems during the process.