This guide explains how to fix the hardware power button issue on the Xiaomi Mi3, which has been a problem to press and lock/unlock the phone. The Xiaomi Mi3 was one of the most popular Android Smartphone, back when it was launched. Even though the Mi3 came from a Chinese manufacturer, what actually became a deal breaker for the Smartphone, is indeed its super high end hardware specifications that came with a price tag similar to other budget Android phones out there. And the Mi3 is also the Smartphone that gave a head start for Xiaomi in India.
The Xiaomi Mi3 is still a very great Android Smartphone. However, certain users have recently developed an issue regarding the Power button of their MI3 units. For some MI3 units, it turns out to be software issue, and for some other units, it is a hardware related issue. If you are facing hardware related issues on the power button of your Xiaomi Mi3, then today we are here with some alternate ways you can perform the function of the power button on your Xiaomi MI3.
How to fix the Power Button issue on Xiaomi MI3 Android Smartphone:
Below are two ways to fix the power button related issue that you are facing with your Xiaomi MI3 Android Smartphone:
1. Use the Volume Button to Unlock and the Lock Screen shortcut to Lock your Xiaomi MI3:
- From your device, go to Settings.
- From Settings, click on the Additional Settings option.
- And then, click on Buttons.
- And then enable the “Wake with volume buttons” option to wake up your display using the volume up/down keys on your Xiaomi MI3 instead of the Power button.
- Now, to lock the screen on your Xiaomi MI3, you can add a Screen Lock shortcut to the home screen by pressing the menu button and then choosing Widgets. From Widgets, select and drag the Screen Lock shortcut to the home screen of your device.
2. Lock and Unlock the screen on your Xiaomi MI3 using the Screen Gravity Android application:
- Open the Google Play Store application from your device.
- Search for an app named “Screen Gravity” and install it on your device.
- After the installation completes, launch the application on your device.
- And then, from the recent apps tray, lock this application.
- And now, this app will automatically lock the display on your Xiaomi MI3 whenever it is laid flat on any surface with the screen facing downwards, or whenever you put the phone on to your pockets. The app will also automatically unlock your Smartphone whenever you lift the phone as well.
For people facing hardware related issues with the Power button on their Xiaomi MI3 Android Smartphones, there are limited chances of fixing the hardware, as most of them will be off warranty and the production of the Xiaomi MI3 has already stopped. Therefore, the above mentioned software based fix for the issue related to the power button on your Xiaomi MI3 will be a safe bet that actually trying to fix the hardware.
If the above mentioned fix satisfied your need, do spread the word by sharing the article on your social media profiles.