Windows 10 introduced a variety of features including the famous Cortana Voice Assistant for Windows 10 Desktop users. Cortana is a voice assisted computer assistant that allows you to interact with your computer in a rather smart way, using your voice. Cortana can be used to set up reminders on your computer or set up an alarm at a specific time or even perform a simple internet search for a term. When I heard about Cortana, I was very excited to try it out. But to my surprise, when I booted my Windows 10 computer, I was welcomed with such a message from Cortana.
Since I am who I am, I was bound to find a way to make this work on my computer and that too quick. After going through some Cortana documentation, I found a way to make it work in regions where it is not yet supported and here’s a tutorial explaining to you how you can enable Cortana and set it up on your computer.
Enable Cortana on Windows 10 in India
To enable Cortana on Windows 10, follow these simple steps first. After enabling it, you’ll need to set it up with your basic information and then you’re good to go.
- Open Settings on your computer. You can use the shortcut WinKey + I to quickly open settings.
- In there, choose Time & Language category.
- Now, from the left-hand menu, choose “Region and Language”.
- In the Region and Language settings, change your region to “United States” and make sure the language is set to English at the option below it.
- After successfully completing this, Cortana will be activated on your computer.
Set up Cortana on Windows 10
Now, after you have successfully enabled Cortana on your computer, you need to set it up. Follow these steps to set up Cortana on your computer.
- Click on your search icon in the taskbar and choose settings icon from the left.
- Here, toggle the on-off button.
- Click on Next at the bottom and finally Agree after reading the terms and conditions.
- Now, provide a name that you want it to call you and you’re done
Quick Tip: If you want to access Cortana quickly, press WinKey + C on your keyboard. It will activate it quickly.
Well, I hope this article has been helpful for you. Do let me know in the comments section below if you face any problem while working with the steps listed above. I will make sure I help you with enabling and setting up Cortana on your computer.