Windows 10 is one of the most popular Operating System out there I’d say but having additional functionality on your computer only enhances the Operating System. One such thing is being able to remotely control your computer remotely using your smartphone. Yes! You heard it correct. You can control your computer from your iOS device or your Android device, a tablet or a smartphone whatever it may be. Let’s see how you can do that!
In order to control your computer from your smartphone, you’ll need a few things to get started. The first and foremost is your computer should be powered on and have an active internet connection. Next, you need Chrome Browser installed on your computer. Other than that, you just require an Android or an iOS device to control your computer with. Let’s get started with the steps on how to control your computer remotely from your smartphone.
Remotely Control your Computer from a Smartphone or a Tablet
- Open up Chrome Browser on your computer and install the Chrome Remote Desktop Control Extension
- When it’s done, make sure you’re logged into Chrome with your Google account. If you’re not, logged in, do that now.
- Now, in your start menu, search for Chrome Remote Desktop and launch the app
- Click on “Get Started” under My Computers
- Now, click on Enable Remote Connections
- Create a PIN that you’ll use as authentication to use your computer and click on Ok
- Now, on your smartphone or tablet, install the Remote Desktop Application from either Google Play or the App Store.
- Open the app and make sure that you’re logged in from the same Google account on the phone as on your desktop.
- Now, choose your computer name there and enter the PIN to authenticate
- It’s up to you if you want to save the PIN for future or not, but that’s it. You now have access to your computer from your smartphone.
I hope you were able to set up this remote access for your computer on Windows 10. If you faced any problems, feel free to comment below and I’ll be happy to solve it for you. Remember to share this with your friends and family as well just so they can also benefit from this tutorial.