LG has announced two new smartphones in the new K series at the CES 2016 event earlier this year. The LG K7 and LG K10 are mid-range smartphones under the K series which comes with glossy pebble design language according to LG to bring the stylish modern look with the curved design. The other smartphone under the K series launched recently include the LG K8 and LG K5 mid-range smartphones.
LG is taking on the mid-range segment with these two smartphones giving emphasis on design and camera functions like Gesture Shot and Gesture Interval Shot for taking selfies easier. If you are interested in the K series by LG and are confused to decide between the two devices, we are going to list of the similarities and differences between the two along with a tabular comparison to make it easier for you.
Similarities between LG K7 and LG K10:
There are not many similarities between the two devices as they are being launched in two different segments with varying specifications being offered.
- The LG K7 and K10 come with similar glossy pebble design along with the intricate woven pattern on the back panel
- 2.5D Arc Glass design for the display
- Both devices come with Camera features like Gesture Shot, Gesture Interval shot etc
- Both come in two variants based on RAM – 1GB for the 3G variant and 1.5GB for the LTE variant
- Both devices run on Android v5.1 Lollipop OS
|LG K7||LG K10|
|Display||5-inch IPS LCD display with 480 x 854 pixels with 196 ppi||5.3-inch IPS LCD display with 720 x 1080 pixels resolution with 277 ppi|
|Processor||3G model – Quad-core 1.3 GHz MediaTek MT6580M|
4G LTE model – Quad-core 1.1 GHz Qualcomm MSM8909 Snapdragon 210
|Quad-core 1.2 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 410|
Octa-core 1.14GHz Mediatel MT6753
|RAM and Storage||3G model – 1GB RAM with 8GB storage|
4G LTE model – 1.5GB RAM with 8/16GB storage
|3G model – 1GB RAM with 16GB storage|
4G LTE model – 1.5GB RAM with 16GB storage
|Camera||8MP rear camera with LED flash along with 5MP front facing camera||3G model – 8MP rear camera with LED flash|
LTE model – 13MP rear camera with LED flash
8MP or 5MP front facing camera in both models
|OS||Android OS v5.1 Lollipop||Android OS v5.1|
|Battery||2125mAh Li-ion||2300mAh Li-Ion|
|Connectivity||only 3G variant, 4G LTE, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth v4.1, GPS||4G LTE, 3G, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth v4.1, GPS|
Differences between LG K7 vs K10:
- The LG K7 comes with a 5-inch FWVGA display compared to the bigger 5.3 inch HD display in the LG K10
- The LG K7 comes with 3G model – Quad-core 1.3 GHz MediaTek MT6580M and the 4G LTE model – Quad-core 1.1 GHz Qualcomm MSM8909 Snapdragon 210
- The LG K10 comes with Quad-core 1.3 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 for LTe variant and the 3G variant comes with Octa-core 1.14GHz Mediatel MT6753 SoC
- The rear camera in the LG K7 is an 8MP shooter and the K10 comes with 13MP for the LTE variant and 8MP for the 3G variant
- The LG K7 comes with 2,125mAh battery compared to the 2300mAh battery in the LG K10
Final Verdict – Which smartphone is better?
Between the LG K7 and K10 if you are on a tighter budget you can go for the LTE variant of the K7 which comes with better specs compared to the 3G variant which is not worth it. In case, you can extend your budget go for the LG K10 which is better all around.
With a bigger and better resolution display, the LG K10 with the Snapdragon 410 SoC in the LTE variant is the obvious choice in terms of performance. It also comes with a 13MP rear camera and 8MP front facing camera with features like Gesture Shot and Gesture delayed shot.