Samsung had recently launched the Galaxy A8+ after the Honor View 10 came into the market, both with good pricing and a lot to offer. But, there is quite a lot of difference between the two to confuse the users onto which one is a better choice.
The Honor View 10 has the company’s flagship chipset, the Kirin 970 processor that is capable of handling artificial intelligence to make the user experience much better. In the comparison below, let’s talk about how the phones are similar and how they differ from each other.
Similarities between Galaxy A8+ and Huawei Honor View 10
- Both the devices are built with aluminum body and front glass
- The storage expansion is possible on both the phones with a microSD card, with possibility to expand up to 256 GB
- The camera app has a few similar features including Geo-tagging, touch focus, face detection, panorama, and HDR
- A 3.5mm headset jack is available on both, the Galaxy A8+ and Honor View 10
- Both the phones have a Type-C USB port for charging and connecting to PC
- A fingerprint scanner is available on both the devices
- The common sensors on both the phones are accelerometer, gyro, proximity, and compass
- Both the devices have non-removable battery and they support fast charging
Differences between Galaxy A8+ and Huawei Honor View 10
- The dimensions of Samsung Galaxy A8+ are 159.9 x 75.7 x 8.3 mm, whereas the Huawei Honor View 10 are 157 x 75 x 7 mm.
- The Samsung Galaxy A8+ weighs 191 grams and on the other side, the Honor View 10 weighs 172 grams.
- The screen size of Samsung Galaxy A8+ is 6.0 inches, whereas the Honor View 10 is 5.99 inches.
- The screen resolution of Samsung Galaxy A8+ is 1080 x 2220 pixels, whereas the Honor View 10 is 1080 x 2160 pixels, as the aspect ratio is 18.5:9 and 18:9 respectively
- While the Samsung Galaxy A8+ runs Android 7.1.1 (Nougat), the Honor View 10 runs Android 8.0 (Oreo).
- Samsung Galaxy A8+ comes with Exynos 7885 Octa chipset, whereas the Honor View 10 comes with Hisilicon Kirin 970 chipset, both being octa-core but with different clock speeds
- There are two variants available in Samsung Galaxy A8+, one has 64 GB and the other has 32 GB internal storage, while there are two variants available for Honor View 10, one with 128 GB and the other with 64 GB internal storage.
- The Samsung Galaxy A8+ comes with a 16-megapixel rear camera, whereas the Honor View 10 comes with a dual rear camera of 16-megapixels and 20-megapixel.
- The Samsung Galaxy A8+ can record 1080p videos at 30 fps, whereas the Honor View 10 can capture 2160p 4K videos at 30fps.
- A dual front camera of 16-megapixel and 8-megapixel is available in Samsung Galaxy A8+, whereas 13-megapixel camera is present on Huawei Honor View 10.
- While the Samsung Galaxy A8+ comes with a 3500 mAh battery, the Honor View 10 comes with a 3750 mAh battery.
Which is a better phone of the two?
Taking a look at all the different aspects here, it is very clear that the Honor View 10 is a better phone of the two, and with the added support by artificial intelligence to make the user experience better, it does make a good run against the Galaxy A8+ that comes with a similar display and body, but differs with the camera.
The selfies are surely better on the A8+ but in the end, taking all the factors into consideration, the winner here would be the Honor View 10.