The mid range segment particularly around the Rs. 10,000 mark is bustling with activity and some great devices have made their way into the market, recently launched is the Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 which has got a lot of fans really exited about the sale. Another device which was launched sometime back but has great performance to its name is the Asus Zenfone 2 Laser (ZE550KL).
Both the devices come with a 5.5-inch display and have decent specifications at offer in a similar price range, if you are looking to choose between the two devices we will be doing a comparison between the two to help you choose the one which suites you better.
Similarities between Redmi Note 3 and Zenfone 2 Laser?
There are not many similarities between the two apart from being in the same price range and having same size display. Let us look at the short list of similarities between the two.
- Both devices sport 5.5-inch size display
- Available in two variants of 2GB RAM and 3GB RAM
- Both have similar 5MP front facing cameras
- Both have microUSB slot for charging and data transfer
Redmi Note 3 vs Zenfone 2 Laser Specs Comparison:
|Xiaomi Redmi Note 3||Zenfone 2 Laser|
|Display||5.5-inch Full HD display with 403ppi pixel density||5.5-inch HD IPS display with resolution of 1280×720 pixels with Gorilla Glass 4 protection|
|Processor||Quad-core 1.4 GHz Qualcomm MSM8956 Snapdragon 650 Cortex-A53 & Dual-core 1.8 GHz Cortex-A72 and Mediatek MT 6795 Helio X10||Qualcomm MSM8916 Snapdragon 410 SoC and the other variant comes with 1.5 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 MSM8939 Octa Core Processor|
|RAM and Storage||2GB RAM with 16GB storage and 3GB RAM with 32GB storage||2GB RAM with 16GB internal storage and 3GB RAM with 16GB storage|
|Camera||16 MP rear camera with f/2.0, phase detection autofocus, dual-LED flash and a 5MP front-facing camera||13 MP rear camera with f/2.0 aperture, laser autofocus, dual-LED (dual tone) flash and a 5MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture|
|OS||Android v5.0.2 Lollipop with MIUI 7 UI||Android v5.0 Lollipop with ZenUI|
|Battery||4050mAh Li-Po||3000mAh Li-Po|
|Connectivity||Dual SIM, Dual 4G LTE, 3G, WiFi, Bluetooth v4.0 GPS||Dual SIM, Dual 4G LTE, 3G, WiFi, Bluetooth v4.0 GPS|
|Additional features||Fingerprint sensor|
Differences between Redmi Note 3 vs Zenfone 2 Laser:
- The Redmi Note 3 sports a 5.5-inch Full HD display compared to the HD display in Zenfone 2 Laser
- Redmi Note 3 is powered by a Snapdragon 650 SoC compared to the Snapdragon 615 in the Zenfone 2 Laser
- Both comes in two variants but the 3GB variant in Redmi Note 3 comes with 32GB internal storage whereas the Zenfone 2 laser has only 16GB storage
- The Redmi Note 3 comes with a 16MP rear camera with Phase detection Auto Focus compared to the 13MP rear camera in the Zenfone 2 Laser having Laser Autofocus. Both have similar aperture speeds of f/2.0.
- The Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 comes with a 4050mAh battery compared to the 3000mAh battery in the Zenfone 2 Laser
- There is fast charging in Redmi Note 3
- The Redmi Note 3 has a Fingerprint sensor on the back of the device which is absent in the Zenfone 2 laser
- Redmi Note 3 has all metal body compared to the plastic back of the Zenfone 2 Laser
- Removable battery in the Zenfone 2 Laser and Non-removable in Redmi Note 3
Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 vs Zenfone 2 Laser Price comparison:
Both the Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 and Zenfone 2 Laser are priced at Rs. 9,999 for the 2GB RAM variants and the 3GB RAM variant of the Zenfone 2 Laser is priced at Rs. 12,999 compared to the 3GB RAM variant of the Redmi Note 3 which is priced at Rs. 11,999 which is cheaper.
Final Verdict – Which phone is better?
Looking at all the aspects like the Display Resolution, Processor, Storage, Camera and other options the Redmi Note 3 is better and has the upper hand. Even with the pricing the Redmi Note 3 is better priced at Rs. 11,999 sporting a Fingerprint sensor which is absent in the Zenfone 2 Laser and priced higher at Rs. 12,999.
From all aspects of specifications, appearance, pricing etc the Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 will be the one to choose any day, over the Zenfone 2 Laser.