Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 has been launched in the already competitive segment and with the specifications which are at offer, this is going to take on the competition head on. We are going to compare this device with one other similar device from China, the Le Eco Le 1s which has got a tremendous response from users.
Both the devices come with metal bodies, with the Redmi Note 3 having rounded borders compared to the squarish Le 1s. The Le 1s is thinner at 7.5mm compared to the 8.65mm thickness of Redmi Note 3. There are non-removable batteries and the capacitive touch buttons are backlit and the volume rockers and power button are quite responsive.
Similarities between Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 and Le Eco Le 1s:
- Both device sport a 5.5-inch full-HD IPS display with resolution of 1080×1920 pixels
- Both devices come with 3GB of RAM and 32GB internal storage space
- The fingerprint sensor is located on the back of the device on both devices
- Both run on Android 5.0 Android Lollipop OS
- Both devices are built with with metal body
- IR blaster is present on top of the devices
|Xiaomi Redmi Note 3||LeEco Le 1s|
|Display||5.5-inch Full HD display with 403ppi pixel density||5.5-inch full-HD IPS display with resolution of 1080×1920 pixels with Gorilla Glass 3 protection|
|Processor||Quad-core 1.4 GHz Qualcomm MSM8956 Snapdragon 650 Cortex-A53 & Dual-core 1.8 GHz Cortex-A72 and Mediatek MT 6795 Helio X10||2.2GHz octa-core MediaTek Helio X10 processor|
|RAM and Storage||2GB RAM with 16GB storage and
3GB RAM with 32GB storage
|3GB RAM with 32GB storage|
|Camera||16 MP rear camera with f/2.0, phase detection autofocus, dual-LED flash and a 5MP front-facing camera||13 MP, phase detection autofocus, dual-LED (dual tone) flash and a 5MP front-facing camera|
|OS||Android v5.0.2 Lollipop with MIUI 7 UI||Android v5.0 Lollipop with EUI 5.5 UI|
|Battery||4050mAh Li-Po||3000mAh Li-Po with USB Type-C and fast charging SpeedVolt technology|
|Connectivity||Dual SIM, Dual 4G LTE, 3G, WiFi, Bluetooth v4.0 GPS||Dual SIM, Dual 4G LTE, 3G, WiFi, Bluetooth v4.0 GPS|
|Additional features||Fingerprint sensor||Fingerprint sensor|
Differences between Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 and LE Eco Le 1s:
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 is powered by a Snapdragon 650 SoC, the Le 1s comes with a 2.2GHz octa-core MediaTek Helio X10 processor
- A better 16MP rear camera is seen in Redmi Note 3 in comparison to the 13MP rear camera in the Le 1s
- The Redmi Note 3 is powered by a bigger 4,000mAh battery in comparison to the 3000mAh battery in Le 1s
- The Le 1s comes with USB Type-C and fast charging which is absent in Redmi Note 3
Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 vs LE Eco Le 1s price comparison:
The Le Eco Le 1s is priced at Rs. 10,999 and the Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 is priced at Rs. 9,999 for the 2GB RAM and 16GB storage variant and Rs. 11,999 for the 3GB RAM and 32GB storage variant.
Final Verdict – Which phone is better?
Both the phones are equally good, with both having their own design model and choosing between the two will be up to the users taste. The display is similar in both devices in terms of specs and user experience as well, the UI might bring a bit of change in the way it is used but overall it is similar. The Snapdragon 650 SoC might make s difference in terms of performance but with regular usage for a week or so I could not make out any problem in either of them.
Better Camera and bigger battery surely tilt the advantage towards the Redmi Note 3 but with USB Type-C and Fast charging feature the Le 1s gets the added advantage. Both sport a Fingerprint sensor on the back of the device which are equally fast and easy to set up. Both devices are equally good and with minor advantages like better camera, better processor and bigger battery the Redmi Note 3 is a better buy but that does not mean the Le 1s is not up to the mark.