HTC has launched their flagship device, the HTC 10 which comes with a 5.2-inch Quad HD Super LCD5 display with resolution of 2560 x 1440 pixels resolution. It comes with dual edge Gorilla Glass on top of the display for added protection. HTC has launched the device in two variants one sporting a Snapdragon 820 SoC coupled with 4GB of RAM along with the HTC 10 Lifestyle which sports a Snapdragon 652 SoC coupled with 3GB of RAM.
The device comes with 32GB internal storage space which is further expandable using microSD card up to 2TB. The HTC 10 comes with BoomSound with Dolby Audio offers Hi-Fi sound experience. It sports a 12MP Ultrapixel 2 camera which is equipped with OIS, laser autofocus, dual LED flash and has f/1.8 aperture, the front camera is a 5MP shooter with OIS and has aperture of f/1.8 as well.
Specifications of HTC 10 Lifestyle with SD 652 SoC:
- Display: 5.2-inch 2K Quad HD display with 2560 x 1440 pixels resolution
- Processor: octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 652 SoC
- RAM and Storage: 3GB RAM with 32GB internal storage expandable using microSDXC card up to 2TB
- Camera: 12 Ultra Pixel rear camera with laser Autofocus dual LED flash, OIS and a 5MP front-facing camera having 1.34MICROm pixels having OIS and f/1.8 aperture
- OS: Android 6.0 Marshmallow with HTC Sense UI
- Battery: 3000mAh
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, 3G, Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac, NFC, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS and USB 2.0 Type-C port
The HTC 10 Lifestyle runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow OS. It is powered by a similar 3000mAh battery but comes with only USB 2.0 Type-C port compared to the USB 3.0 Type-C port in the HTC 10. We have also seen the same strategy by LG to launch a tonned down variant of their flagship LG G5.
The HTC 10 Lifestyle is said to be launched in India and it is expected to be launched in other regions as well, the HTC 10 with SD 820 is being launched in US and UK alone initially. The pricing of the HTC 10 Lifestyle has not been revealed yet, as for the availability, it is expected to be around the same time as the HTC 10, but we have to wait for the official update.