HTC has launched the HTC 10, their latest Flagship smartphone and it goes up against the likes of Samsung Galaxy S7, LG G5, Xiaomi Mi 5 etc. All the flagship devices are sporting displays in the size range of 5.1-inch to 5.2-inch. HTC similar to Samsung has stuck to their basics and has given a very premium design all the while keeping it simple, in these two device we cannot see some extreme changes like the LG G5.
HTC has designed the HTC 10 with a full metal body. If you are considering purchasing any of the one devices, let us help you with the below given comparison table of the specifications, we are also listing out the Similarities and Differences between the two devices to make the choice easier for you. HTC has also launched another variant called the HTC 10 Lifestyle which is a toned down variant which runs on Snapdragon 652 SoC and 3GB RAM.
Similarities between HTC 10 and Samsung Galaxy S7:
- Both devices come with Quad HD resolution displays
- Both devices come with Snapdragon 820 Processor
- Both devices have 4GB of RAM and have expandable storage option via microSD card slot
- Both devices run on Android 6.0 Marshmallow OS
- Both devices come with 3000mAh battery
- Both devices have a Home button with Fingerprint sensor embedded in it on the front of the device
|HTC 10||Samsung Galaxy S7|
|Display||5.2-inch 2K Quad HD display with 1440 x 2560 pixels resolution||5.1-inch Super AMOLED display with 1440 x 2560 pixels resolution and 577 ppi with always on display|
|Processor||Snapdragon 820 SoC|
|Quad-core Snapdragon 820 SoC or an Octa-Core Exynos Octa 8890 processor|
|RAM and Storage||4GB LPDDR4 RAM and 32/64GB internal storage with microSD card for expansion||4GB RAM and 32GB internal storage with option for expansion using microSD card|
|Camera||12 Ultra Pixel rear camera with OIS, Laser Autofocus, f/1.8 aperture and LED flash along with a 5MP front facing camera with f/1.8 aperture||12MP rear camera with OIS, f/1.7 aperture and LED flash and 5MP front facing camera with f/1.7 aperture|
|Operating System||Android 6.0 Marshmallow||Android 6.0 Marshmallow|
|Connectivity Features||4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac/ad, Bluetooth 4.2 LE & apt-X, GPS with GLONASS and NFC||4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac/ad, Bluetooth 4.2 LE & apt-X, GPS with GLONASS and NFC|
|Additional Features||Fingerprint sensor||Fingerprint sensor, Heart rate monitor, IP67 ratings for Water Resistance|
Differences between HTC 10 and Samsung Galaxy S7:
- The HTC 10 comes with 5.2-inch QHD display compared to the slightly smaller 5.1-inch QHD display
- The Galaxy S7 comes in Snapdragon 820 and Exynos 8890 Octa-core processor, the HTC 10 comes in only SD 820 SoC
- HTC 10 comes with 12MP Ultra Pixel camera with f/1.8 aperture compared to the Galaxy S7 which comes with a 12MP having f/1.7 aperture
- The Galaxy S7 comes with Heart rate sensor which is not included in HTC 10
- The Galaxy S7 is water resistant and Dust resistant which is also not present in the HTC 10 which comes with only IP53 rating
Final Verdict – Which Smartphone is better HTC 10 or Galaxy S7?
If all the specifications and the pricing is considered the Galaxy S7 stands the winner with better additional features like the Heart rate sensor, Water and Dust Resistance having IP67 rating. HTC 10 is priced at $700 compared to the Galaxy S7 which is priced at $670 at the moment. Both the cameras are really good in their own terms with Samsung showing great improvement in terms of low light photography and amazing focus, we are yet to test the HTC 10 camera. Considering all the aspects and overall appeal, the Samsung Galaxy S7 is the one I would prefer over the HTC 10.