Huawei didn’t end its conference at IFA 2015 with the unveiling of Huawei Mate S, but there was another device that showed its appearance – the Huawei G8, which has quite some similarity to the Mate S, but only externally. The Huawei G8 looks sleek, has the fingerprint sensor placed similar to the Mate S, but isn’t as powerful as the latter.
Having a 5.5-inch Full HD display with a 2.5D glass, the body of Huawei G8 is made 90% by metal, and the camera lens on the back is made by sapphire glass. As it has been the trend in some of the recent devices, speakers are located in the bottom with a line of holes. The phone is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 processor (octa-core, 4×1.5GHz, 4×1.2GHz) along with Adreno 405 GPU, and 3GB of RAM, 32GB internal storage, and the G8 has a MicroSD card slot for storage expansion.
There’s Android 5.1 Lollipop based EMUI 3.1 custom ROM from Huawei running in the G8, and the camera combination includes a 13MP rear and a 5MP front-facing shooter.
The fingerprint sensor on the Huawei G8’s back is said to be taking only 0.5-seconds to unlock the phone, and it is a non-metal area with a larger ID area to aid in faster recognition of fingerprint. The sensor helps not just in unlocking the device, but also in controlling alarms and accepting incoming calls. This all is secured by Qualcomm Q SEE safety program, to keep the data protected.
There’s 3000 mAh battery provided in the device, and the phone supports 4G LTE connectivity. For the specs lovers, check the list below.
- Dimensions: 152 x 76.5 x 7.5mm, weight 167gm
- Display: 5.5-inch Full HD TFT display (1920 x 1080 pixels)
- OS: Android 5.1 Lollipop (EMUI 3.1)
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 MSM8939, octa-core (4 x 1.5GHz, 4 x 1.2 GHz), Adreno 405 GPU
- RAM: 3GB
- Storage: 32GB, expandable by 64GB with MicroSD
- Rear camera: 13-megapixel, Dual LED flash
- Front camera: 5-megapixel
- Battery: 3000 mAh
- Connectivity: LTE Category 4, GPS/AGPS/Glonass, Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n, 2.4G, USB 2.0
We’ll update about the pricing and availability of the G8 as and when we get to know about the same.