Nextbit, the US company which has announced their Cloud-based Android smartphone in September last year in the US market and the company is planning to launch the device into the Indian market. The Robin is called the cloud first Android phone which will be launched in April Month end to early May.
Nextbit has been Founded by CEO Tom Moss and CTO Mike Chan Nextbit Robin is embedded with 100GB of free cloud storage which is the USP of the device and it comes with a 5.2-inch IPS Full HD display and is powered by a Hexa Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 808 processor coupled with 3GB of RAM and 32GB internal storage along with 100GB integrated cloud storage.
Specifications of NextBit Robin:
- Display: 5.2-inch IPS Full HD display with resolution of 1920×1080 pixels
- Processor: Hexa core Qualcomm Snapdragon 808 processor
- RAM and Storage: 3GB RAM, 32GB storage along with 100 GB online
- Camera: 13MP rear camera with PDAF and dual-tone LED flash along with a 5MP front facing camera
- OS: Android 6.0, Marshmallow
- Connectivity: LTE (class 4), 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.0 LE, NFC and USB Type-C port
- Battery: 2,680 mAh with quick charging
The Robin comes with a 13MP rear camera with PDAF and dual-tone flash along with a 5MP front facing camera. The device comes with Android 6.0 Marshmallow based Nextbit OS. The device also comes with a Fingerprint sensor in the front of the device below the display. It supports 4G LTE, 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.0 LE, NFC and USB Type-C port.
The device is powered by a 2680mAh battery which comes with quick charging. The Nextbit Robin was launched in US for $400 and it is expected to be available in India around Rs. 26,000.