Samsung Galaxy S8 is one of the most powerful phones of the year 2017, even though it doesn’t have as much amount of RAM that the phones from last year had. The Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ in India are powered by the Exynos 8898 Series 9 processor and along with that is 4GB of RAM. The smartphone in every way has a lot of latest specifications, and the benchmark tests should give an idea about the capability of the phone and its hardware.
Before heading on to see what are the benchmark scores the phone got, let us go through the specifications of the device.
- AnTuTu Benchmark: 119603
- Geekbench 4 Single-core: 1970
- Geekbench 4 Multi-core: 6209
- 3DMark Sling Shot Extreme: 3183
- Nenamark2: 60.0 fps
- PC Mark Work 2.0 Performance: 5214
- GFXBench OpenGL Car Chase: 12 Fps
- GFXBench OpenGL 1080p Car Chase Offscreen: 15 Fps
- GFXBench OpenGL Manhattan 3.1: 23 Fps
- GFXBench OpenGL 1080p Manhattan 3.1 Offscreen: 24 Fps
- GFXBench OpenGL Manhattan: 34 Fps
- GFXBench OpenGL 1080p Manhattan Offscreen: 36 Fps
- GFXBench OpenGL T-Rex: 50 Fps
- GFXBench OpenGL 1080p T-Rex Offscreen: 65 Fps
- Pemark Benchmark score: 50374 ops/sec
- Basemark X Gaming Performance: 42445
While the rendering and CPU score on AnTuTu were quite good for the Galaxy S8, the score of about 120000 is not the best because there are several phones, even the Apple iPhone 7 and 7 Plus having a higher score on the same app. For the Geekbench 4 tests, it seems like the best one in the lot because of the scores, beating the Galaxy S7, Note 7 and the OnePlus 3 by a good margin, in both Single-core and Multi-core tests.
As far as the actual performance of the device is concerned, it is smooth and superb. The same applies to gaming as well where there is no glitch or lag noticed anytime. Thus, the benchmark scores too are worth noticing and good enough to beat most of the smartphones in the market.
Note: The benchmark tests that we do are not the only way to judge the performance of the device. You can wait for the gaming review and the full review of the Galaxy S8 to see how well it performs while gaming or during regular usage.