Chinese smartphone manufacturer, Vernee has launched their new smartphone, the Apollo Lite which is the sibling to their Flagship Vernee Apollo which was announced last month in China with 6GB of RAM. The Apollo Lite comes with 4GB of RAM and is powered by 64-bit 2.0 GHz deca-core (MediaTek’s MT6797) Helio X20 processor. It comes with 32GB internal storage space and can be expanded up to 128GB using microSD card.
The Vernee Apollo Lite sports a 16MP rear camera with dual LED flash and a 5MP front-facing shooter. It sports a 5.5-inch Full HD IPS display with a resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels. It comes with an almost bezel-less display.
Specifications of Vernee Apollo Lite:
- Display: 5.5-inch Full HD IPS display with resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels
- Processor: 64-bit 2.0 GHz deca-core (MediaTek’s MT6797) Helio X20 processor
- RAM and Storage: 4GB of RAM and 32GB internal storage space and can be expanded up to 128GB using microSD card
- Camera: 16-megapixel rear camera with dual LED flash and a 5-megapixel front facing camera
- OS: Android 6.0 Marshmallow OS
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, fingerprint scanner, USB Type-C port, Wi-Fi, and GPS support
The Vernee Apollo Lite runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow OS and has connectivity features like 4G LTE, fingerprint scanner, USB Type-C port, Wi-Fi, and GPS support. The Apollo Lite is a direct contender to the likes of LeEco Le 1s and also the upcoming Le 2 which sports a similar processor and the Redmi Note 3 along with the Huawei Honor 5X. The Vernee Apollo Lite also sports a Fingerprint sensor on the back of the device.
The Apollo Lite will be available from May and will sport a price tag of $199.99. The device looks quite impressive from the apparently new company and we have to wait for the device to come in hand to comment on how good it actually is in reality.