There was some good news for Mi 5 fans looking forward to getting hands on Xiaomi’s latest flagship, the Mi 5 at the Redmi Note 3 launch event in Delhi. The company’s Vice president, Hugo Barra said that the launch of Redmi Note 3 is just the beginning and went on to say that the Mi 5 will be coming to India in a month.
Xiaomi had unveiled the Mi 5 in China and Barcelona on February 24th and it was officially launched the in China on March 1st with the company stating to have received 1.6 crore registrations for the first sale. Xiaomi has released the Mi 5 to compete with the likes of Samsung Galaxy S7, LG G5, Sony Xperia X Performance all of which run on Snapdragon 820 SoC’s.
Specifications of Xiaomi Mi 5:
- Display: 5.15-inch FullHD display with resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 64-bit Quad-Core SoC with Adreno 530 GPU
- RAM and Storage: 3GB RAM with 32GB storage, 3GB RAM with 64 GB Storage and 4GB RAM variant with 128GB storage (Mi 5 Pro)
- Camera: 16MP rear camera with f/1.6 aperture, Autofocus, OIS and LED flash capable of recording 4K video along with a 4MP front-facing camera with 2um sensor
- OS: Android 6.0 Marshmallow based MIUI 7 OS
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, 3G HSPA+, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth v4.1, NFC, GPS and USB Type-C
- Battery: 3000mAh Li-Po with Quick charging
Apart from the Full HD display which is now limited to the Mid-range segment the Mi 5 is a great device in terms of design and other specifications being offered at the given price tag. With the company sticking to Flash sale concept for selling their smartphones it is going to be tough to get your hands on one initially based on the amount of response the device has got in China we can expect the same here as well.