Xiaomi launched their new budget range smartphone on 20th March named Xiaomi Redmi 4A. As the name says, it’s not an update to the Redmi 3S but to the Redmi 2 of theirs. It comes with a 5-inch 720p display along with 16GB internal storage and 2GB of RAM.

We always want our children to have limited access to our phone. Thanks to the MIUI, they have a child mode feature which lets your kid have access for limited apps on your phone. Today, I’ll be guiding you how to set it up on your Redmi 4A.

Here’s how to set up the Child mode

For turning on the Child mode, you will need to have a screen lock on your device first. To turn on that, go to the Settings > Lock screen > password > Screen lock > Choose screen lock > and choose the lock type you prefer. Now, you’re set with the lock screen.

Xiaomi Redmi 4A Tips Lock Screen

Xiaomi Redmi 4A Tips Security option

Now, go back to the Settings > Additional settings > Child mode > and turn on the Child mode. Scrolling down will take you to the list of the apps you have on your device. From the listed apps, you can select the apps you want to be made accessible to your kid.

Xiaomi Redmi 4A Tips Settings Child Mode

After selecting the apps that you want to give access to, you can now press the home button and hand over the device to your kid.

Xiaomi Redmi 4A Tips Child Mode

And now, if you want to exit the Child mode, just tap on the Exit below, enter your password and you’re back in the normal mode now.

Xiaomi Redmi 4A Tips Child Mode Disable

You can also disable the apps from sending SMS just by turning on the Lock SMS just below the turning on of the Child mode. Child mode’s the not only thing in the MIUI 8. There are so many other features you might wonder about. Check our other guides for the MIUI 8’s other features.

Share:

9 Comments

• rishab sethi, Apr 28, 2017 @ 2:00 pm Reply

sir, i am not able to exit from my child mode as it donot accept my password so what should i do

• Devesh Saini, Jun 14, 2017 @ 10:26 pm Reply

Hey guys, I am Devesh. I can help you exit the “Child Lock” without losing any data only if you are willing to pay a little money via paytm/upi/paypal/bitcoin and know this about your phone:-

1) Main Lock Pattern/Password/Pin(Required) – If you know the main pattern or password or pin which is used to unlock the phone then only I can help you otherwise, don’t contact me as I won’t be able to help you in any way. sorry.

I am a professional in this. So don’t worry about reliability. Pay a little before work and rest money after work.
    If you don’t trust me for the money you have given me, just record my call/whatsapp chat as a proof.

and, please be assured. I will certainly help you!!!

You can contact me via Whatsapp/Call -> +918949841784
    I speak Hindi/English both.

• Moji, Jun 21, 2017 @ 1:32 am Reply

When you got in Settings, you can simply enter Lock screen & password and select manage fingerprints.
    Next enable Privacy password, so you can now get your phone back!

• Ikshit, Jun 23, 2017 @ 2:09 pm Reply

My child mode pattern not know phone do not work what Ido

• Sukradhoj, Aug 30, 2017 @ 2:36 pm Reply

Child mode is missing in my phone setting why???

• Mahendra, Oct 6, 2017 @ 10:50 pm Reply

My phone redmi 4a child protection privacy lock please help me to unlock my phone

• BEERENDRA SINGH, Nov 30, 2017 @ 12:26 am Reply

My phone redmi 4a child mode protection privacy lock please help me to unlock my phone please

• Debasish sarkar, Dec 9, 2017 @ 6:30 pm Reply

My Redmi 4a child has gone from the wine setting to get back to do so

• Rajkumar, Mar 17, 2018 @ 9:02 am Reply

child mode and eye care mode is missing in my phone