What a Virtual Private Network or VPN does is that it redirects all your online activities through a secure third party server which mocks and protects your location and identity online. Seems cool, huh?
But why would you even need a VPN protection? And why on my Smartphone?
Several websites, Government organizations, and hackers put in trackers and other cookies into your web browsers without your permission or concern so that their eyes are virtually on you everywhere online.
Mainly, the purpose of these trackers are to monitor your online activity, so that websites can make money showing advertisements that you would like to see, and governments can be sure you are into something illegal.
Also read: Best VPN apps for Android
However, there are also other types of trackers which are more interested in your bank account details and other sensitive information. These trackers are mainly used by hackers and other criminals to take advantage of.
As today we store many of our sensitive information such as bank account credentials in our Smartphones, it is important that we are protected from online spy eyes, always!
And here is where a secure VPN connection might help you. And no matter which operating system is running on your Smartphone, whether iOS, Android or Windows Phone, you can setup a VPN on your Smartphone, and today we will guide you through the processes that will help you establish a VPN connection on your Smartphone, easily.
How do I get myself a VPN protection?
There are a lot of popular free and premium VPN services that you can find online, like Hotspot Shield. Find which VPN service suits your budget and needs, and get one wisely.
How to Setup VPN on iOS:
Below is how you can setup a VPN connection on your iOS device:
- First of all, go to Settings.
- Now, click on General.
- Then scroll down until you find a option named “VPN” and then click on it.
- From the next screen, click the option that says “Add VPN configuration”.
- Now enter the details asked for, with the information provided by your VPN service provider.
- Next, click on the “Save” option.
- Now again from the VPN settings, after updating your VPN details to the Smartphone, toggle ON the VPN protection and choose the VPN which you updated in the above step.
How to Setup VPN on Android:
Here’s how you can set up a secure VPN on your device running the Android operating system:
- From your Android device, navigate to Settings.
- Now under the connectivity options, select VPN.
- Click on the “Add” option to add a new VPN.
- Enter the details asked for, in the box that appears.
- Hit “Save”.
- Press and Hold the added VPN to connect to it.
- Login using your VPN account credentials to stay connected always.
How to Setup VPN on Windows Phone:
You can setup a VPN connection on a Windows Phone too, and here’s how:
- From Settings, click on the VPN option.
- Toggle the VPN ON, and then click on the Add button to add a new VPN connection.
- In the next window, add up all the details of your VPN.
- Then click on the VPN connection you just made and then click on the “Connect” option to stay connected to the VPN Network.
And BAAM! You have now successfully secured your device running iOS, Android or Windows Phone using a VPN connection. Now, Browse Safe.