Yes, we are talking about two devices that don’t see themselves in the Lenovo Vibe series, but now that Motorola is acquired by Lenovo, and ZUK is a brand backed by the Chinese electronics giant, it is an interesting phase for these when the parent company launches smartphones in the same price range.
The Moto G4 Plus was launched today and the ZUK Z1 made an entry into the Indian market not long ago. Let us compare both the phones, which are almost the same with the price but differ a lot in every other way.
Also, if you are confused what is G4 and G4 Plus, check out the Moto G4 vs. Moto G4 Plus comparison.
Similarities between Moto G4 Plus and ZUK Z1
- Both the devices come with a 5.5-inch 1080p display, having the same pixel density
- Both the devices support 4G LTE connectivity
- There is a fingerprint sensor present on both the phones on the home button
Moto G4 Plus vs ZUK Z1 Specs Comparison
|Moto G4 Plus||ZUK Z1|
|Display||5.5-inch Full HD display with 401 PPI and 1920 x 1080 pixels resolution||5.5-inch Full HD display with and 1920 x 1080 pixels resolution, 401 PPI|
|Processor||Qualcomm Snapdragon 617 octa-core processor, Adreno 405 GPU||Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 quad-core processor, Adreno 330 GPU|
|RAM and Storage||2GB/3GB RAM, 16GB/32GB internal storage||3GB RAM and 64GB internal storage|
|Camera||16 MP, Dual LED flash, Phase Detection Autofocus, Laser autofocus, 4X digital zoom, 5 MP front camera with 84-degree wide-angle lens||13 MP, Dual LED flash, F/2.2 aperture, Optical image stabilization, 8 MP front facing camera with OmniBSI-2 technology|
|OS||Android 6.0 Marshmallow with Moto Pure software||Android 5.1.1 based Cyanogen OS 12.1|
|Battery||Non-removable Li-Ion 3000 mAh||Non-removable Li-Polymer 4100 mAh|
|Connectivity||4G LTE, 3G, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot, Bluetooth v4.0, GPS with A-GPS||4G LTE, 3G, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot, Bluetooth v4.1 A2DP, GPS with A-GPS|
Differences between Moto G4 Plus and ZUK Z1
- The processor that powers the ZUK Z1 is Qualcomm Snapdragon 801, a quad-core chipset clocking at 2.5GHz while the one powering the Moto G4 Plus is Qualcomm Snapdragon 617, an octa-core chipset clocking at 1.5GHz.
- The ZUK Z1 has 3GB of RAM and 64GB of internal storage while on the other side, Moto G4 Plus has two variants, one with 2GB RAM and 16GB internal storage and other having 3GB RAM and 32GB internal storage. These inclusions on the ZUK Z1 makes it quite better for a long-term user.
- While the Moto G4 Plus has a 3000 mAh battery, the ZUK Z1 has a 4100 mAh battery. There is fast charging on both the phones, but the capacity being higher on the Lenovo ZUK Z1 should be quite helpful.
- The Moto G4 Plus runs Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow with Moto Pure software but the ZUK Z1 has Cyanogen OS 12.1 running on Android 5.1.1 Lollipop OS.
- The storage on Moto G4 Plus can be expanded using a MicroSD card but it is fixed on the ZUK Z1 and you cannot expand the storage at all.
- There is Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection over the Moto G4’s screen but there is no such protection given over the screen of ZUK Z1, although it is said that it has a display polarizer coating and a fingerprint-proof coating
- With the rear camera, there is a huge difference between the two phones. The Moto G4 Plus comes with a 16-megapixel rear camera with F/2.0 aperture, Laser autofocus, and Phase detection autofocus, along with a Dual LED flash, but on the other side, the ZUK Z1 has a 13-megapixel Sony Exmor RS sensor camera with Optical image stabilization and F/2.2 aperture, Dual LED flash.
- The front camera included on the Moto G4 Plus is a 5-megapixel camera with 84-degree wide-angle lens while it is a 8-megapixel front-facing camera on the ZUK Z1.
Which is a better phone – Moto G4 Plus or ZUK Z1?
This is a very tough one, because while one might excel with the specs, other would do with the performance. If the camera on the Moto G4 Plus is better, the battery performance on the ZUK Z1 could beat the one on Moto G4 Plus.
It all comes down to what you would require from the device, and whether you are okay with a custom interface or want Android to be the easiest and smooth to use.
Also, it has to be noted that Moto G4 Plus with 3GB RAM is priced at Rs. 14999, and the ZUK Z1 has only one variant with 3GB RAM priced at Rs. 13499.