All Smartphone manufacturers are looking to push in as many features as possible into the mic-range segment. With devices having almost everything which a high-end device has it is pretty competitive and Xiaomi has introduced the Redmi Note 3 to make it even more competitive. We have done other comparisons as well with similar devices like LeEco Le 1s, Zenfone 2 Laser, Lenovo K4 Note, Lenovo K5 etc. There is another device in the market priced similarly have some amazing specifications the Huawei Honor 5X.
With the many options available in the market the confusion among buyers has also increased and I am getting a lot of questions about which smartphone is the best around the Rs. 10k mark. I am going to compare the Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 vs Huawei Honor 5X to list out the similarities and differences between the two.
Similarities between Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 vs Huawei Honor 5X
- Both devices sport a 5.5-inch fullHD display
- both devices sport Metal bodies
- Both devices have two variants with 2GB RAM and 3GB RAM variants
- Both have 5MP front facing cameras
- There is a Fingerprint sensor on back of both the device
- Both devices have similar connectivity option
Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 vs Huawei Honor 5X Comparison
|Xiaomi Redmi Note 3||Huawei Honor 5X|
|Display||5.5-inch Full HD display with resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels and 403ppi pixel density||5.5-inch Full HD IPS display with resolution of 1280×720 pixels with 401 ppi pixel density|
|Processor||Quad-core 1.4 GHz Qualcomm MSM8956 Snapdragon 650 Cortex-A53 & Dual-core 1.8 GHz Cortex-A72 and Mediatek MT 6795 Helio X10||Qualcomm MSM8939 Snapdragon 616 SoC Processor with Adreno 405 GPU|
|RAM and Storage||2GB RAM with 16GB internal storage||2GB RAM with 16GB internal storage and 3GB RAM with 16GB storage expandable up to 128GB using microSD card|
|Camera||16 MP rear camera with f/2.0, phase detection autofocus, dual-LED flash and a 5MP front-facing camera||13 MP rear camera with f/2.0 aperture, LED (dual tone) flash and a 5MP front-facing camera with f/2.4 aperture|
|OS||Android v5.0.2 Lollipop with MIUI 7 UI||Android v5.1.1 Lollipop with EMUI 3.1|
|Battery||4050mAh Li-Po||3000mAh Li-Po|
|Connectivity||Dual SIM, Dual 4G LTE, 3G, WiFi, Bluetooth v4.0 GPS||Dual SIM, Dual 4G LTE, 3G, WiFi, Bluetooth v4.1 GPS|
|Additional features||Fingerprint sensor||Fingerprint Sensor|
Differences between Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 vs Huawei Honor 5X:
- The Redmi Note 3 is powered by a Snapdragon 650 SoC compared to the Snapdragon 616 in the Huawei Honor 5X
- Redmi Note 3 sports a 16MP rear camera with f/2.0 aperture with dual-LED flash and PDAF auto focus.
- Redmi Note 3 has a 4050mAh battery compared to the 3000mAh battery in the Huawei Honor 5X
- The Fingerprint sensor in Redmi Note 3 has multiple functions support like third party apps login, app lock, hidden apps, lip sensor etc which are not present in the Honor 5X
Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 vs Huawei Honor 5X Price comparison:
The Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 is priced at Rs. 9,999 for the 2GB variant and the 3GB RAM variant is priced at Rs. 11,999. The Huawei Honor 5X is priced higher at Rs. 12,999.
Final Verdict – Which phone is better?
Based on the pricing the Redmi Note 3 seems to be the better deal of the two. When looking at the specifications as well the Redmi Note 3 beats the Honor 5X with higher 3RAM and better Snapdragon 650 processor and if the 2GB RAM variant is considered the pricing of Rs. 9,999 compared to the Rs. 12,999 of Honor 5X tilts it towards the Redmi Note 3. From all aspects like bigger 4050mAh battery, 16MP rear camera, powerful Snapdragon 650 Processor the Redmi Note 3 is the obvious choice between the two devices.