When you buy a new phone and you want to set it up just like your old phone, your media from the old phone must be the first thing that you need to move. Media consists of music, videos and pictures. You might also want to move your documents, and you can do that as well by following the steps that I list down here.
Before you can transfer your data from one phone to the other, you will need to install an application on both the phones so that you can easily transfer the data. Although you can send files via Bluetooth, but that will be a bit slower compared to the method we are going to use here.
Transfer Data using ShareIt from one Phone to the other
You could move your data via Bluetooth live I told you earlier, but it’ll be slow. To make the data transfer quick, you will need to install ShareIt, an application that makes use of Wi-Fi Direct technology to send files between devices. Anyway, let’s get started with that.
- Go to the Google Play Store and install ShareIt on both your phones.
- Open ShareIt on the phone from where you want to send the media and choose “Send” from the 2 options that are displayed there
- Now, select the files you want to transfer by browsing to the folder, or by using the categorized icons inside ShareIt.
- When you’re done selecting the files, open the ShareIt application on your new phone or on the phone to which you want to transfer the media.
- Here, choose Receive from the 2 options that are displayed and wait for it to set up.
- When it’s done, click on Next from the original phone and wait for the Application to find the other phone
- When it finds the other phone, simply tap on the name of that phone and you will start sending data to the other phone without any problem
- Once the transfer is complete, you can use a file manager like ES File Explorer and organize your files from the ShareIt folder to the correct folder as you like.
Pro Tip: You can also move your installed applications from one phone to the other without having to reinstall the applications on your new phone. To do so, simply choose the apps from the apps category and click on Send like you did for transferring your data from one phone to the other.
This was one way to move the data from one phone to the other, but if you want to move the data without using this application, then you can do so by either Bluetooth or by using Android Beam, both of which will be slow. I personally prefer using ShareIt for transferring data between Android smartphones, or even between the computer and my Android phone.
I hope you were able to move data from one phone to the other. If you faced any problem, feel free to comment below and I’ll be happy to help you out. I have already covered detailed tutorials on how to move your SMS messages or Call Logs from one phone to the other. Feel free to go through them if you want to move them to your new phone as well.