Pokémon Go game is all about gaining experience points, combat power and walking to find more and more Pokémon with better skills and powers. But then, how do you gain the XP points?
Here are most of the ways, if not all, to gain more XP points in the Pokémon Go game. As and when you become better in the game, you would figure it out by yourself on how to gain more XP.
Firstly, why do you want to gain XP points? That is only for levelling up your trainers. If you trainer levels up faster, you get rarer Pokémon, and only when you reach Level 5, you’ll be able to join gyms and battle with the other Pokémon there.
- Catching a Pokémon – 100 XP for a Pokémon that was caught earlier too
- Registering a new Pokémon – 500 XP when the Pokémon is getting registered to Pokédex
- Evolving a Pokémon – This gives you 500 XP
- Hatching a Pokémon – Here, you get 500 XP every km you walked to hatch the Pokémon. There are eggs that need you to walk 2km to 5km, and so the XP you gain depends on the egg
- Visiting a Pokéstop – It will give you 50 XP every time you visit a Pokéstop
- Training at a friendly gym – You get varying amounts of XP for this
- Battling at a rival gym – You get varying amounts of XP for this, and you get more XP if your Pokémon has closer CP to the rival one
- Evolving a Pokémon using the Lucky egg gives you 1000 XP.
Earning XP for throws
If you have perfect throws of the Pokéball on the Pokémon that you are catching, you gain XP points. there’s a circle within which you have to throw to get that extra XP points.
- Curve ball – 10 XP
- Nice throw – 10 XP
- Great throw – 50 XP
- Excellent throw – 100 XP
Use items for more XP
One of them is the Lucky egg. If you use it on your trainer, all the XP points for the next 30 minutes will be doubled up.
The other is called Incense. It will lure the Pokémon around you. Imagine using both of these together and you will gain a lot of XP points in just 30 minutes.
Addiction much already with the Pokémon Go game? here’s how to save battery while playing Pokémon Go game on your Android phone.