HTC has launched their latest Flagship smartphone the HTC 10 which comes with an all metal body and sports a 5.2-inch Quad HD display similar to the one seen in LG G5 which is slightly larger 5.3-inch display. Both devices are Flagships and LG has unveiled the LG G5 with major changes like a complete revamp of the design and it is one of the first modular style smartphones to be commercially launched.
HTC has kept it basic and simple with the all metal body in the HTC 10 giving it a premium look and feel. Both the devices are almost equally placed in terms of specifications, if you are considering to purchase either of the two devices let us help you decide with a comparison of the specifications of the two devices in detail, along with the Similarities and Differences pointed out. HTC has also launched another variant called the HTC 10 Lifestyle which is a toned down variant which runs on Snapdragon 652 SoC and 3GB RAM.
Similarities between HTC 10 and LG G5:
- Both devices come with similar Display resolution of Quad HD or 1440 x 2560 pixels
- Both devices are powered by Snapdragon 820 SoC
- Both devices come with 4GB of RAM and have the option to expand the internal storage space further with microSD card slot
- Both devices run on Andorid 6.0 Marshmallow OS
|HTC 10||LG G5|
|Display||5.2-inch 2K Quad HD display with 1440 x 2560 pixels resolution||5.3-inch Quad HD display with 1440 x 2560 pixels resolution and 554 ppi with Always On display|
|Processor||Snapdragon 820 SoC|
|Quad-core Snapdragon 820 SoC|
|RAM and Storage||4GB LPDDR4 RAM and 32/64GB internal storage with microSD card for expansion||4GB RAM and 32GB internal storage with option for expansion using microSD card|
|Camera||12 Ultra Pixel rear camera with OIS, Laser Autofocus, f/1.8 aperture and LED flash along with a 5MP front-facing camera with f/1.8 aperture||Dual Camera set up on the back with standard 16MP 78-degree lens and an 8MP 135-degree wide angle lens and LED flash, the front facing camera is an 8MP shooter|
|Operating System||Android 6.0 Marshmallow||Android 6.0 Marshmallow|
|Connectivity Features||4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac/ad, Bluetooth 4.2 LE & apt-X, GPS with GLONASS and NFC||4G LTE, 3G HSPA+, Bluetooth v4.1, Wi-Fi 802.11, USB Type-C 2.0 port and GPS|
|Additional Features||Fingerprint sensor||Fingerprint sensor, Removable battery module|
Differences between HTC 10 and LG G5:
- The HTC 10 sports a 5.2-inch Quad HD display compares to the slightly bigger 5.3-inch Quad HD display in the LG G5
- The LG G5 comes with a 2800mAh battery compared to the 3000mAh battery in the HTC 10
- The fingerprint sensor in the HTC 10 is located in the Home button compared to the Fingerprint sensor located on the back of the device in the LG G5
- LG G5 comes with removable battery module and supports other accessories (LG Friends)
Final Verdict – Which device is better between the HTC 10 and LG G5?
Both devices are similar in terms of internal specifications, but with LG’s innovative inclusions the LG G5 stands out in terms of the additions available called LG Friends which gives the option to add a camera module called LG Cam Plus. On the other hand, HTC has maintained the simple yet elegant design with the HTC 10.
With both devices having an almost similar display, Processor, RAM etc it will be up to the user to decide whether you would like to try out some unique and innovative stuff and go with the LG G5 or to stick to the basics and get the elegant HTC 10.
Checkout: HTC 10 vs Samsung Galaxy S7 Comparison