YU Televentures didn’t lately have a good mid-range smartphone and the last phone from the company was the Yutopia. Now that the YU Yunicorn is launched with 4GB of RAM and with the killer price of Rs. 12999, you will see it competing against some of the already good options in the market, namely Xiaomi Redmi Note 3, LeEco Le 2, Meizu M3 Note and the Moto G4 Plus.
In the comparison below, let’s talk about the two phones that boast a lot of important stuff. It is the battle between YU Yunicorn and LeEco Le 2.
When it comes to the design, both the phones are having a metal unibody design and they offer good build and comfort, just like the Redmi Note 3. Also, with the display, there is a 5.5-inch one with 1080p resolution, offering a pixel density of 401 PPI. Let’s check out the similarities between the two phones.
Similarities between LeEco Le 2 and YU Yunicorn
- 5.5-inch 1080p display with pixel density of 401 PPI
- A fingerprint scanner is present on both the devices
- Both the phones have 32GB internal storage
- The battery in both the phones is non-removable
- There is 4G LTE connectivity supported on both the devices
Specs Comparison between LeEco Le 2 vs. YU Yunicorn
LeEco Le 2 vs. YU Yunicorn Differences
- The major difference is with the processor, where it seems like the LeEco Le 2 is a step ahead, thanks to the Qualcomm Snapdragon 652 octa-core processor compared to the MediaTek Helio P10 chipset present on the Yunicorn.
- While the LeEco Le 2 has no storage expansion, the YU Yunicorn offers the MicroSD card slot for the storage expansion, which is very helpful when the available storage is not enough.
- The LeEco Le 2 supports 4K video recording with the rear camera while the YU Yunicorn can capture only 1080p videos at max.
- The rear camera is different on both. The Le 2 offers a 16-megapixel camera while the Yunicorn has a 13-megapixel camera.
- While the YU Yunicorn has a 5-megapixel camera on the front, the Le 2 has an upgraded 8-megapixel camera, which is better for selfies.
- The RAM offered in YU Yunicorn is 4GB compared to the 3GB RAM on Le 2.
- The Le 2 is said to have the Le SuperCharge fast charging feature, while there is no fast charging available on the Note 3.
- There is USB Type-C connectivity on the Le 2 while it is the standard MicroUSB connectivity on the phone from YU.
- The Yunicorn still runs Android 5.1 Lollipop based AOS (Android on Steroids) ROM, while the LeEco Le 2 runs EUI based on Android Marshmallow, the latest stable OS from Android.
What differences are really important?
- Firstly, the fast charging is important and is seen on the Le 2, but then, the battery capacity and life is much better on the YU Yunicorn with the 4000 mAh battery.
- Another important difference is with the selfie camera, where LeEco takes the lead with an 8-megapixel camera on the front.
- Also, the 4K video recording is a feature one would want for future-proof videos when good quality TVs are available but the content has to be there too.
- Storage expansion is another important difference because users just cannot always think of storage woes. A MicroSD storage expansion always helps and it is available on the YU Yunicorn.
So, which is the better phone?
It is not easy to pick the winner among the two because each of them excel in their own field. Not to forget, LeEco offers 1 year of LeEco membership to the buyers, and on the other hand, YU Yunicorn has the Around Platform with several services included. But talking about the main points that you might consider, go with Le 2 for the cameras, but with Yunicorn for the battery.
Still, we’ve put up all the points above so you can get a better understanding of it. Good luck choosing the one for you.